Assistant Sports Performance Coach
The Wingate University athletic department provides student-athletes with the opportunity and encouragement to progress toward and ultimately earn the degree of their choice. Additionally, student-athletes are provided the opportunity to develop athletic abilities in an environment consistent with the high standards of academic scholarship, leadership, and spiritual growth as set forth in the University statement of purpose. Under the direction of the Director of Sports Performance, the Assistant Sports Performance Coach will develop and implement appropriate strength, speed, nutrition and conditioning programs for the Wingate University football program and other assigned teams.
Duties will also include:
- Effectively teach and execute proper technique of lifts and drills; strong command and supervision of team workouts.
- Designs and conducts daily training programs in order to maximize physical performance of student-athletes.
- Assist in all aspects of the Wingate Sports Performance daily operations.
- Assistant Sports Performance Coach
- Assist sports medicine staff with rehabilitation of sports related injuries to student-athletes
- Help mentor current/future graduate assistants, interns and volunteer Sports Performance coaches
- Assist with the maintenance and upkeep of the Sports Performance facility.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Current NSCA CSCS or CSCCa SCCC certification
- One + years of collegiate or professional sports performance experience
- CPR/AED and First Aid certification
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse workplace, with a variety of teams,
- coaches, sports medicine and nutrition professionals, and support staff
- Strong organizational and communications skills
- Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, Word and other Office programs
Please send a letter of interest, resume, and contact
information for three
professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Wingate University abides by all
federal and state laws prohibiting
employment discrimination solely on the basis of a person’s race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age
(over 40), sex, marital status or physical handicap, except where a reasonable, bona fide occupational
qualification exists. Wingate University is committed to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act and
its amendments. Wingate University expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race,
color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic
information, disability, or veteran status.
Apply for Assistant Sports Performance Coach
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Wingate
- Health & Medicine Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Wingate
- Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology & Physical Education Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Wingate