Vice President Academic
Quest University Canada acknowledges that it sits on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish) peoples. We are grateful to have the opportunity to work, learn, and live in this blessed territory.
Quest University (Canada) is searching for their first Vice-President, Academic (VPA). The appointment will be for a five-year term, subject to the approval of the Board of Governors.
The VPA will guide a unique academic enterprise, one with a cross-disciplinary and dynamic curriculum and a faculty body without departmental divisions or tenure. The VPA will be a visible, engaged, and active champion of faculty and students, a dynamic leader who has the tenacity and vibrancy to lead through a time of change and uncertainty, and someone who is deeply committed to Quest’s vision for progressive liberal arts education in the 21st century.
The VPA will oversee the University’s academic programs and serve as a key strategic partner to the President. Three strategic areas of focus for this inaugural role encompass academic and administrative leadership:
- Development of long-term strategic growth of academic programs through academic planning, new program development, program self-study.
- Integration of student intellectual and personal development in holistic student experience, through combining curricular and co-curricular dimensions of student life and work-integrated learning.
- Recruitment and retention of a strong academic leadership team and a faculty cohort of teacher-practitioner-scholars who have diverse approaches to learning and an unflagging commitment to liberal arts education.
The VPA will lead by modeling the values of the University for all campus stakeholders and realize Quest’s vision by garnering the trust and support of faculty, staff, and students. This individual will champion and develop Quest’s vision for a progressive liberal arts education that models diversity and inclusivity.
The VPA will represent Quest University in all interactions with government (British Columbia Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Training), including articulation, degree authorization and inter-institutional agreements. The VPA will interact with all national and international academic bodies.
The VPA will be a key advisor to the President and will, with the President and the Board of Governors, build a strong and resilient university.
The VPA we seek will possess:
- A commitment to progressive liberal arts and science education
- An understanding of key issues in Canadian higher education
- A track record of inspiring and innovative academic leadership
- Demonstrated evidence of inclusiveness, equity and diversity in leadership
- Ability to facilitate discussion around shared and contested goals
- Financial acumen and analytic ability
- A terminal degree in a discipline relevant to the liberal arts and sciences.
For a detailed position profile (including more information about the role, desired applicant qualifications and more about Quest University), please visit: https://questu.ca/job-seekers/
Inquiries about the VP Academic position may be directed in confidence to: Manager of Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should consist of a full CV detailing academic and professional qualifications and relevant achievements and should be accompanied by a covering letter describing briefly how candidates meet the criteria in the ‘Qualifications and Experience’ section of the job profile, why the appointment is of interest, and what they believe they can bring to the role.
Quest University is strongly committed to employment equity and diversity. We seek candidates who will help further the goal of making Quest an inclusive place. Quest welcomes applicants from groups that have been traditionally marginalized, including on the basis of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, place of origin, racialization, mental or physical disabilities, religion, political belief, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those applicants who have been given consideration for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: 17:00 (PST) Friday, April 30, 2021
Apply for Vice President Academic
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Competitive Full Time jobs in Canada
- Academic Affairs Executive Competitive Full Time jobs in Canada
- Academic Administration Executive Competitive Full Time jobs in Canada
- Business & Administrative Affairs Executive Competitive Full Time jobs in Canada
- Chief Business Officers & Vice Presidents Executive Competitive Full Time jobs in Canada