Graduate Assistant for Diversity and Inclusion
About Curry College:
Founded in 1879, Curry College is a private, four-year, liberal arts-based institution located on a wooded 135-acre campus in Milton, MA just seven miles from downtown Boston. Accredited by the New England Commission on Higher Education (NECHE). Curry College offers 20 undergraduate majors, as well as four graduate programs.
Curry College is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in every aspect of its operations. The College values diversity and seeks talented students, faculty and staff from a variety of backgrounds.
Under the direction of the Director of The Office of Diversity and Inclusion (ODI) The Graduate Assistant in ODI will report to the Director of Diversity and Inclusion and is responsible for assisting in the development of inclusion programs and initiatives.
This position is temporary for the Spring 2021 semester and is a paid position.
- Assist the Director with the development, coordination, and implementation of educational, cultural, and inclusion programs across the College;
- Develop creative engagement with social media, website & other sources of communication;
- Advise the RISE UP Mentoring Program;
- Serve on committees, work groups and task forces at the request of the Director;
- Maintain confidentiality in incidents and complaints related to diversity and inclusion;
- Attend meetings and participate in workshops held by ODI;
- Assist in researching diversity and inclusion topics and prepare reports of findings, as needed;
- Maintain cooperative relationships with the members of ODI and other administrative and academic departments;
- Assist with the development and implementation of a diversity peer leaders programs in collaboration with the Director;
- Other duties to be assigned by the Director, in addition to assisting with general office tasks.
- Bachelor's Degree;
- Demonstrate experience with academic, social, and/or cultural programming;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge in excel spreadsheets and data entry. Good verbal communicator, enjoys working with students, can working in a fast-paced environment;
- Prior experience working in a college setting preferred.
At the College's discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the College, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
Employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment background checks.
Curry College is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sex identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable state and federal law, including Title IX.
Inquiries about the application of Title IX can be directed to the College's Title IX Coordinator, Rachel King at Rachel.email@example.com, (617) 979-3516, or King Academic Administration Building, 55 Atherton St, or US Department of Education, Office of Civil Rights ("OCR") - Boston Office, 5 Post Office Square, 8th Floor, Boston, MA 02109-3921, (617) 289-0111.
Please apply online at https://www.curry.edu/about-us/community-resources/employment/job-opportunities for consideration. Interested applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three professional references including complete contact information and professional titles.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Milton
- Student Affairs Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Milton
- Minority & Multicultural Affairs Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Milton
- Student Activities & Services Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Milton