Associate Director of Communications
The Associate Director of Communications serves as the primary manager for the employees of the Creative Services and Graphic Design Service Line; Instructional Design and Training Service Line; and the Messaging, Press Releases, Speeches and Presentations Services Line. Reporting to the Director of Communications, this position’s other primary function will focus on project management within the three aforementioned service lines.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, English, or a related field with at least 5 years of related experience.
• A broad background in institutional communications or student affairs communications.
• Evidence of strong writing, editing, interpersonal, content strategy, and marketing skills.
• Experience with and understanding of effective digital communications, including website strategy, email, and social media.
• Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities and take initiative in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
• Ability to work collaboratively with a team of colleagues and serve as a representative of the division.
• Experience supervising a team of professional staff members.
• Experience with project management; effective assignment delegation and exceptional follow-through.
• Master’s degree
• Experience working in a higher education setting.
• Understanding of marketing and communications trends impacting current college students and how these may differ from strategies to engage prospective students and donors.
• Evidence of presentation skills, including experience developing professional and engaging slideshows with PowerPoint or other presentation software.
• Understanding of accessibility in communications.
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges , a school of medicine , a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School , and Honors College . The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers . A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Martha Glass at email@example.com during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Work in Student Affairs | Student Affairs | Virginia Tech (vt.edu)
Advertised: March 25, 2021
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Communications Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Other Communications Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg