Cybersecurity Program Development Manager
The Ted and Karyn Hume Center for National Security and Technology at Virginia Tech is a university-level research center that reports to the Vice President of Research and Innovation. Its mission is to cultivate the next generation of national security leaders by developing and executing curricular, extracurricular, and research opportunities to engage students. Sponsors and collaborators benefit from both highly experienced student talent and senior technical leadership that address some of our nation’s greatest security challenges. The Hume team executes research on behalf of a range of national security research sponsors, including Government agencies, and industry.
This position is based in Blacksburg, Virginia and is part of the Hume Center’s Intelligent Systems Lab (ISL). ISL brings together researchers from computer science, cybersecurity, statistics, machine learning, systems engineering and other fields to develop interdisciplinary solutions to cutting-edge technological challenges. Successful candidates for this position will have relevant experience in cybersecurity.
The Hume Center seeks a Cybersecurity Program Development Manager to coordinate programs in support of Integrated Security Education and Research Center (ISERC). In this position, the successful candidate will create, integrate, supervise, and develop projects as part of the Senior Military Colleges (SMC) Cyber Institute program. This cross-matrixed position will work in support of the ISERC Director, building collaborations between the Intelligent Systems Lab and the ISERC. The Cybersecurity Program Development Manager will assist in leading projects in the areas of cybersecurity content development, faculty engagement, staff coordination, supervision, and running simulations. The person in this position will work with faculty and staff to produce/create cybersecurity simulations and case studies that will be used in a variety of classes, learning environments, and competitions across disciplines including, but not limited to, programs in the Corps of Cadets and other related duties as assigned by the ISERC director. This is a restricted position with future years contingent on funding.
The Integrated Security Education and Research Center (ISERC) is a new facility designed to blend science, technology, policy, and ethics across homeland security, national security, and cybersecurity domains. You will join the ISERC director, Virginia Tech faculty, and a team of graduate and undergraduate students who are enthusiastic, innovative, and interested in all things related to integrated security.
The Cybersecurity Program Development Manager will create and assist with the development of scenarios for cybersecurity simulations, customizing deployments of simulation platforms, coordinating with various faculty, coordinate schedule for simulations, assist faculty and staff with running simulations, lead other ISERC staff and students, and work with industry personnel, government employees, and university members.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
(1) Support research conducted in ISL/ISERC in projects focused on cybersecurity education and research
(2) Contribute to technical documents/presentations and peer-reviewed academic papers
(3) Provide mentorship to students working on programs
Qualified candidates will be creative and enthusiastic. We are particularly interested in hiring personnel with experience with cybersecurity and content development in either the private or public sector.
• Master’s degree in a field relevant to cybersecurity, or major with a cybersecurity minor; OR B.S. in a field relevant to cybersecurity and equivalent experience/training
• Project management experience
• Must demonstrate an ability to set and manage multiple priorities, tasks, and deadlines simultaneously
• Ability to work independently to meet deadlines
• Ability to work across disciplines; Strong interpersonal skills, with an ability to communicate effectively and interact professionally with a diverse set of stakeholders, including faculty and industry partners
• U.S. Citizen
• Experience in the cybersecurity field
• Experience developing cybersecurity content
• Cybersecurity credentials and/or certificates
• Experience with working in higher education
• Evidence of publications in peer-reviewed journals
• Active security clearance
Commensurate with education and experience
April 8, 2020
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges , a school of medicine , a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School , and Honors College . The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers . A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact (insert name) at (insert email address) during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: March 25, 2021
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Professional Fields Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Security Studies Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Computer Sciences & Technology Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg