This position is in the research group of Assistant Professor Li Na Quan. The group’s research focuses on understanding of the physical principles governing the structural and electronic dynamics in electronic materials such as halide perovskites. The position is associated with the study of ultrafast electronic dynamics in semiconductors which enabled using femtosecond time-resolved absorption spectroscopy. Further activities may include experimental campaigns at synchrotron radiation light sources facilities and using a variety of imaging and spectroscopy techniques. The successful candidate has either recently received or is about to acquire a Ph.D. in materials science or chemistry/physics.
The candidate is expected to independently conduct cutting-edge experiments, analyze results, derive theoretical interpretations, and draft manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals. A high degree of independence must be complemented by the capability to thrive in a collaborative group environment.
This appointee is to perform assignments according to the following criteria:
• Conceive, conduct, analyze, and interpret ultrafast transient absorption experiments on semiconductors.
• Draft manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
• Present scientific findings at national and international scientific meetings.
• PhD in Chemistry or appropriate related field awarded no more than four years prior to the effective date of appointment with a minimum of one year eligibility remaining..
• Strong background and documented track record in experimental spectroscopy
• Experience with femtosecond lasers, ultrafast spectroscopy and high vacuum techniques
• Strong work habits and the ability to work independently as well as with a research group.
• Strong communication skills.
• Authored publications based on research.
• Creativity, independence, and high motivation.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of personnel in the organization.
Commensurate with experience
April 12, 2021
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges , a school of medicine , a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School , and Honors College . The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers . A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Brandi Webb at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: March 25, 2021
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Biotechnology & Bioengineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Chemistry & Biochemistry Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Physics & Space Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg