Contract and Vendor Manager
Contract and Vendor Manager
Rowan University seeks to appoint a manager to lead our strategic vendor interactions for the division of Information Resources & Technology (IRT). IRT is responsible for the University’s information technology and applications, information security, data integrity, systems-related compliance, and reporting. Along with the University, IRT has grown extensively in recent years and we are in the process of refining the management of temporary workers, independent and self-sourced contractors, vendors engaged in statements of work, and cloud-based vendor services.
This position will serve as a collaborative connector among the division of IRT, the Office of Contracting and Procurement, and General Counsel to organize and standardize the processes, contracts, and information resulting from our work with outside vendors. The manager will be immersed in initiation of a project evaluation through the Information Technology Acquisition Process (ITAP) and will help unit managers coordinate contracts, evaluate bids, and advise on technology or software acquisition. The manager will also be responsible for developing a strategy to improve the effectiveness and value of IT vendors to Rowan University, including negotiating licenses and contracts with the IT vendors and verifying contract compliance.
- Responsible for managing vendor relationships and contract management for the division of IRT.
- Execute Rowan’s collaborative framework with external vendors, IT and internal departments. Our framework focuses on defining common goals, setting strategic priorities and requirements, and streamlining processes to maximize value.
- Responsible for negotiating IT vendor contract requirements and partnering with Procurement to effectively negotiate contract and bid terms, SOWs and other relevant contract terms.
- Ensure a robust process of notification or escalation is in place to report on both underspend and potential overspend with the appropriate approvals sought for either situation.
- Under guides of the executive management team devise, produce and implement new systems and processes to optimize more effective project management as required and within the framework of IRT.
- Work closely with the CIO and appropriate unit management to prepare and administer budgets reflecting approved technology plans/projects; management of various budgets.
- Work closely with the Information Security Office to identify and monitor vendor issues, and track vendor risks to ensure mitigation plans are defined and implemented.
- Interact and collaborate with all levels of staff and participate as part of IRT’s management team.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE :
- Bachelor's degree in IT-related field, Business, Finance, or equivalent years of related professional work experience
- At least 4 years of total professional work experience with procurement or vendor relationship management to include at least three (3) or more years' experience working in IT Operations or Finance, establishing and improving vendor management frameworks in large organizations
- Experience in negotiating a broad range of contracting vehicles (e.g. SaaS, cloud, software, hardware, services, enterprise agreements, GSA), and working with small, emerging and large/mega vendors (e.g. Oracle, Adobe, Cisco, Microsoft, Mathworks, Amazon, VMware)
- Solid knowledge of accounting and financial aspects of vendor management
- Experience working directly with senior executives to negotiate cost-effective licensing agreements
- Consultative work style that supports successful initiatives with all levels of management and customers across organizational boundaries
- Very strong written and oral communication skills with the proven ability to develop senior management briefings using PowerPoint, Word and Excel; and deliver presentations to all levels of staff
- Skilled at maximizing vendor value in support of key organizational objectives
- Significant experience in strategic planning and/or project management
- Experience with procure-to-pay, e-sourcing and contract life cycle management processes
PREFERRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with Jaggaer eProcurement & contract management
- Experience with information technology applications and vendor contract negotiations
- Training in and experience with collaborative techniques, team building, dispute resolution and communication
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Glassboro
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Glassboro
- Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Glassboro
- Other Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Glassboro
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Glassboro