Division Operations Specialist
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance .
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-CyFair
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of seven colleges, ten centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, is continuously named Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Located in suburban northwest Houston in the heart of the CyFair Community, the college provides a full range of offerings including unique programs in fire science technology, logistics management and sonography. Since opening our award winning campus in 2003, the college has experienced record growth and supports an exciting learning environment that brings together state-of-the-art technology and active, collaborative learning.
Campus address is 9191 Barker Cypress Road, Cypress, TX 77433.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Division Operations Specialist assists with managing general operations of a large instructional support division or department. Responsible for coordination of support functions such as scheduling, maintenance, communications, equipment, workflows, supplies, information processing, and staff support. Responsible for providing academic and/or departmental support by coordinating office activities to achieve optimum utilization of equipment and employee productivity.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Build schedules during registration and notify of class cancellations
- Provides supervision and training to support staff and student workers
- Coordinates and schedules office duties based upon priorities
- Provides administrative support to the division, including but not limited to composing correspondence from verbal direction or from knowledge of the organization, remaining active in planning, analysis and revision of department schedules and calendars, arranging meetings, and maintaining department documentation and files
- May assist with various department/division employee payroll functions
- Assumes lead in budget building and assists in the budget planning process; Sets up, maintains and monitors budget expenditures
- Manages office supplies; Includes tracking supply usage, maintaining appropriate levels of supplies, preparing and processing requisitions, verifying receipt and distribution of supplies, and submitting documentation for appropriate payment of requisitions
- Retrieves, compiles, and disseminates a variety of reports, correspondence, agendas, or management information in support of department/division
- Some positions may perform a variety of Faculty support functions, including but not limited to input and/or maintenance of faculty qualifications information, program coordination activities, and acting as liaison and facilitator for adjunct faculty communicating with them regarding instructional matters and professional development
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn new software
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize well
- Abili ty to work on multiple projects
- Ability to document expenses
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
PHYSICAL ABILITIES :
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS :
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equ ipment
- Interface with i nternal and external contacts as needed to carry ou t the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with min imal exposure to safety hazards
- High School Diploma or GED and at least 3 years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Associates Degree
- Tr aining in office administration
Hiring salary range is $34,670 - $39,871.
Lone Star College provides a hiring salary range for all posted full-time non-faculty positions. Where your salary offer would fall in that range is determined by your related experience and education. Should you receive an offer of employment from Lone Star College, the resume submitted in the application process will be utilized to calculate your salary offer. The information outlined below will provide the Office of Human Resources everything needed to determine an accurate starting salary.
Your resume should provide a complete picture of your work experience. The resume should include the following information for each position listed:
- Length of time (specific months and years) of employment
- If the position was full time or part time
- If the position was paid or unpaid
- Unofficial transcript for highest earned degree
Additionally, any certifications listed as required or preferred in the Lone Star College job description should be included in the resume submitted.
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment and excellent work/life balance. This includes a full comprehensive and competitive benefits package, a generous number of paid holidays and vacation days, wellness programs, tuition waiver, professional development opportunities and more.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Cypress
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Cypress
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Not specified Full Time jobs in Cypress
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Cypress
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Cypress