Reporting to the Auxiliary Services Team and Camp Director, the CND Senior Leader will:
- Oversee general supervision of 12-25 campers grouped according to age (5-11 years old)
- Provide leadership and guidance with other camp staff, including Junior Leader and Leader-In-Training (LIT) assigned to your camper group
- Escorts campers safely and effectively throughout the day to campus-led activities and special events, following and abiding all Camp Notre Dame and University protocols and procedures
- Supervises daily camper arrival and dismissal as assigned by Camp Director and in coordination with assigned Junior Leader and Leader-in-Training
- Plans and implements team-building activities during the opening arrival sessions and closing dismissal sessions, including assisting the Universitys Public Safety Office with emergency drills
- Provides hands-on assistance to the specialty coordinators during specialty area activities, including engaged supervision during scheduled swim sessions (instructional and free swim)
- Assists Auxiliary Services Team and Camp Director with planning and implementation of special events and activities, including the end-of-session closing performance
- On-site presence required Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. 4:00 p.m. OR 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. during every day of Camp operation, June 21 August 13.
- Attendance required at staff orientation and training session prior to first day of Camp, June 12th, 2021.
- Shared expected responsibility for coverage of early drop-off and late pick-up (compensated for additional hours in cash directly from camp familiessign-ups are required)
- Lunchtime supervision weekly, alternating days with Junior Leader only (not Leader-in-Training)
- Completes other tasks as assigned by the Auxiliary Services Team and Camp Director to ensure smooth and safe Camp operations
- Strong leadership skills and devotion to imparting those skills through empowerment for the success of children ages 5 to 11 in advancing their leadership potentials and knowledge within the explorations area
- Team player who is flexible and understanding, able to adapt to changes in schedules and provide consistent creativity and enthusiasm in daily sessions with CND campers
- A thorough knowledge of childhood development and educational practices. Ideal candidate will have prior professional experience or internship working with school-aged children. Education curriculum and childhood engagement in the classroom expertise welcomed.
- Current certification in American Red Cross First Aid and CPR strongly recommended.
Notre Dame of Maryland University does not discriminate in offering equal access to its educational programs and activities or with respect to employment terms and conditions on the basis of age, ancestry, color, creed, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or protected veteran's status. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policy: Greg FitzGerald, Chief of Staff, Notre Dame of Maryland University, 4701 North Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21210, 410-532-5109.
For all other employment inquiries, please contact Human Resources at 410-532-5898 or email@example.com. Notre Dame of Maryland University is an EEO/AA employer.
All applicants must submit:
- Cover letter
- Salary requirements
- Contact information for three professional references
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore