Reporting to the Auxiliary Services Team and Camp Director, the Lifeguard:
- Possesses the required current senior lifesaving certification (AED/CPR, Lifeguard)
- Assist in conducting lessons, supervising recreational swim, and maintaining safety and cleanliness in pool area.
- Be assisted by individual group Senior and Junior Leaders and Leaders-in-Training.
- Maintains constant surveillance of patrons in the facility; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of emergency.
- Provides emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
- Presents professional appearance and attitude at all times, and maintains a high standard of customer service.
- Performs various maintenance duties as directed to maintain a clean and safe facility.
- Prepares and maintains appropriate activity reports.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
AED/CPR Certified; Current certification as Lifeguard by a recognized source of training.
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1-3 years of lifeguard experience; Certified Pool Operator (CPO); knowledge of pool chemical testing and treating; WSI Certification
- On-site presence required Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. 4:00 p.m. OR 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. during every day of Camp operation, June 21 August 13.
- Attendance required at staff orientation and training session prior to first day of Camp, June 12th, 2021.
- Time to be spent as needed prior to first day of Camp to ensure proper program organization.
- Lunchtime supervision one day a week, served in rotation with other CND staff members.
- Completes inventory of sport and games supplies at the conclusion of Camp, packing up, labeling supplies in appropriate containers, and returning said items to CND office.
- Completes other tasks as assigned by the Auxiliary Services Team and Camp Director to ensure smooth and safe Camp operations
- Strong leadership skills and devoted to imparting those skills through empowerment for the success of children ages 5 to 11 in advancing their leadership potentials
- Team player who is flexible and understanding, able to adapt to changes in schedules and provide consistent creativity and enthusiasm in daily sessions with CND campers.
- Current certification in American Red Cross First Aid and CPR required.
Notre Dame of Maryland University does not discriminate in offering equal access to its educational programs and activities or with respect to employment terms and conditions on the basis of age, ancestry, color, creed, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or protected veteran's status. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policy: Greg FitzGerald, Chief of Staff, Notre Dame of Maryland University, 4701 North Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21210, 410-532-5109.
For all other employment inquiries, please contact Human Resources at 410-532-5898 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Notre Dame of Maryland University is an EEO/AA employer.
All applicants must submit:
- Cover letter
- Salary requirements
- Contact information for three professional references
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Facilities Management & Physical Plant Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Auxiliary Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Safety & Security Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore