Arts & Crafts Coordinator
Reporting to the Auxiliary Services Team and Camp Director, the Arts & Crafts Coordinator:
- Plans and implements varied and creative arts & crafts program of challenge and interest to all CND age groups, submitting lessons plans and daily activities to CND administrators two weeks in advance of each Camp session.
- Inventories, notifies CND administrators of needed purchases, and distributes all program supplies, keeping within program budget and maintains all equipment and supplies throughout all sessions. Effectively manages camper behavior with the assistance of individual group senior and junior leaders and leaders-in-training as needed.
- Maintains a neat and organized work area, reporting any issues or areas of concern.
- Lunchtime supervision one day per week.
- On-site presence required Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. 4:00 p.m. OR 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. during every day of Camp operation, June 21 August 13.
- Attendance required at staff orientation and training session prior to first day of Camp, June 12th, 2021.
- Time to be spent as needed prior to first day of Camp to ensure proper program organization
- Lunchtime supervision one day a week, served in rotation with other CND staff members.
- Completes inventory of explorations supplies at the conclusion of Camp, packing up, labeling supplies in appropriate containers, and returning said items to CND office.
- Completes other tasks as assigned by the Auxiliary Services Team and Camp Director to ensure smooth and safe Camp operations
- Strong leadership skills and devotion to imparting those skills through empowerment for the success of children ages 5 to 11 in advancing their leadership potentials and knowledge within the explorations area
- Team player who is flexible and understanding, able to adapt to changes in schedules and provide consistent creativity and enthusiasm in daily sessions with CND campers
- A thorough knowledge of various sciences, experimentations, and learning activities. Ideal candidate will have prior professional experience or internship with facilitating exploration activities with school-aged children. Education curriculum and childhood engagement in the classroom expertise welcomed.
- Current certification in American Red Cross First Aid and CPR strongly recommended.
Notre Dame of Maryland University does not discriminate in offering equal access to its educational programs and activities or with respect to employment terms and conditions on the basis of age, ancestry, color, creed, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or protected veteran's status. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policy: Greg FitzGerald, Chief of Staff, Notre Dame of Maryland University, 4701 North Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21210, 410-532-5109.
For all other employment inquiries, please contact Human Resources at 410-532-5898 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Notre Dame of Maryland University is an EEO/AA employer.
All applicants must submit:
- Cover letter
- Salary requirements
- Contact information for three professional references
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore