Director, Financial Aid 998585
Xavier University is part of the 500-year-old Jesuit Catholic tradition of academic excellence in the liberal art and is strongly committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. These values are central to our mission . We strive for a climate of respect and inclusiveness that welcomes and supports members from diverse backgrounds and life experiences, is committed unreservedly to open and free inquiry, and deliberately seeks out multiple perspectives.
The Division of Enrollment Management and Student Success (EMSS) is seeking a Director of Student Financial Services. The Director of Student Financial Services is responsible for directing, planning and managing any and all operations and activities associated with the awarding of federal, state, and institutional aid funds, including compliance with all regulations. In addition they will provide the vision and leadership to inspire, motivate, coach, and mentor professional and support staff to reach enrollment and retention goals, while continually monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of financial aid policies, practices, and procedures. The successful candidate will demonstrate leadership experience and skills in establishing partnerships with internal and external constituents.
Specific job responsibilities include the following:
- Interpret and implement complex federal and state regulations regarding student financial aid for the university.
- Provide leadership and oversight for the operations and activities of the Office of Student Financial Aid.
- As part of the EMSS leadership team, participate and lead in the implementation of strategy and policies regarding the administration and disbursement of student financial aid, financial aid issues related to student application and enrollment processes, scholarship administration, regulatory compliance, and the standards of best practice in the field of student financial aid.
- Establish strategic goals and objectives for the Office of Student Financial Services.
- Oversee the University’s compliance with appropriate National Collegiate Association (NCAA), institutional, state, and federal regulations affecting financial aid processes.
- Oversee the management of various audit processes (federal, state, institutional, and private reviews).
- Oversee department operational budget. Determine priorities for purchases and expenses including operating and capital expenses.
- Develop campus-wide policies and/or strategies affecting financial aid services, programs and processes and train and develop staff.
Qualifications and Experience : The successful candidate will be attentive to detail and have the ability to function in a multi-tasked environment. The successful candidate will also have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a diverse community of students, faculty, and other staff members. Experience using Banner or other equivalent student information system is essential. A bachelor’s degree and seven to ten years of prior experience working in Student Financial Aid is required. A master’s degree and leadership experience is preferred.
Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, skin color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Enrollment Management and Student Success strives to develop a deep understanding of and respect for diversity among students and colleagues. Therefore, we encourage applicants from individuals who may help us achieve this goal. To ensure consideration, interested/qualified applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information of three professional references on Xavier University’s website by April 18, 2021 . Please include a brief statement in your cover letter indicating how you might support and contribute to Xavier University’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Financial Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Chief Student Affairs Officers & Vice Presidents Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati