Tenure Track Faculty - Physical Science
TENURE-TRACK FACULTY, PHYSICAL SCIENCE - FULL-TIME
Harry S Truman College is seeking a full-time, tenure-track faculty member to teach Physical Science courses, including Geology, Environmental Studies, Environmental Technology, Oceanography, and Marine Science. The position entails a 15-contact-hour per semester teaching load, service to department and college committees, and participation in a rigorous three-year tenure process. The ideal candidate will commit their initiative, energy, and leadership to continuous improvement of the department’s Physical Science program. In addition, the ideal candidate will successfully develop and use effective teaching strategies to meet students’ diverse needs and engage them in critical thinking and problem-solving.
- Must demonstrate excellence in teaching, commitment to integrating new technologies in the learning process and the ability to inspire, motivate and empower students to succeed.
- Required to post syllabi on Brightspace (D2L) and to enter grades online.
- All tenure track faculty positions include responsibilities for not only the department but also to college and community service, scholarly activity and opportunities for practical field activities.
- Teaching assignments include lecture and laboratory instruction in Physical Science, Geology, Environmental Technology, Environmental Studies, Oceanography, and Marine Science. The position includes a 15 contact-hour per week teaching load plus a minimum of seven office hours per week.
- Must participate in curricula development and review, assessment, laboratory course development and other department and college-wide activities. You will be expected to keep up with your field by actively engaging in professional development.
- Minimum of a Master's Degree in Physical Science with relevant teaching experience. A Doctorate in Physical Science, or a closely related field, is highly preferred.
- We prefer candidates with knowledge of the Brightspace or a similar Learning Management System.
For consideration, all interested candidates, including current CCC employees, must submit the following documents together in MS Word or PDF format:
- A cover letter specifying which discipline you are applying for;
- A copy of your current resume or curriculum vitae;
- A statement of your teaching philosophy;
- A legible copy of your college transcripts (Unofficial transcripts initially accepted; official transcripts must be provided at time of interview.); and
- Two letters of recommendation.
WE OFFER: Excellent benefit package includes health insurance, investment programs, pension plan, generous vacation, holiday, personal and sick days, and tuition reimbursement. For a more detailed overview of benefits, please visit the benefits page of our website.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within six months of hire. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in CCC.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Geology & Earth Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago