Program Administrative Assistant, Child Development Center - Full-time
PROGRAM ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT, CHILD DEVELOPMENT CENTER, FULL-TIME
Truman College is seeking a Program Administrative Assistant to help assist in our Child Development Lab Center in areas of enrollment, attendance, health, safety and nutrition in accordance with grant regulations, licensing and accreditation standards. The Family Services Aide will assist in filing and record-keeping, creating documents and reports and act as the first point of contact for parents and visitors to the Child Development Lab Center.
- Assists in recruiting, enrolling, and maintaining information about eligible children for the center by gathering and entering data and maintaining appropriate files and children’s folders.
- Directs parents, visitors and faculty to appropriate staff persons via face-to-face and telephone contacts.
- Under supervision of Site Director and Family Services Coordinator, works with parents on a variety of issues surrounding enrollment, fee payment, and family issues.Assists in management of accounts payable and receivables; maintains tracking of volunteer hours for in-kind billing.
- Creates, revises and updates documents, memos, letters, and forms as needed.
- Completes monthly reports and provides other assistance to Site Director, as needed.
- Enters data into child development center management tracking systems. This data would include, but not be limited to, attendance, health information, family information, and staff information.
- Maintains inventory and orders office and classroom materials and supplies.
- Works with college to ensure center receiving appropriate food service. Documents problems with services. May be asked to attain food service license and assist with food disbursement. May be asked to assist with ordering food or developing menus, as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. AAS in Business, Education, or comparable field, plus 2 years’ experience with completing clerical tasks and working with clients/customers required.
- Work experience in a Head Start center or social service agency is preferred.
- Must have a “customer service” attitude, as the position requires a great deal of interaction with parents and staff.
- Position requires strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must be highly organized, motivated and able to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently with limited supervision.
- Must have computer skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word.
WE OFFER: Excellent benefit package includes health insurance, investment programs, pension plan, generous vacation, holiday, personal and sick days, and tuition reimbursement. For a more detailed overview of benefits, please visit the benefits page of our website.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within six months of hire. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in CCC.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago