AV Asset Management Coordinator
The Learning Spaces Technology (LST) Audio Visual (AV) Asset Management Coordinator will be responsible for lifecycle management of LST hardware and software assets including, inventory, tracking, data capture, and AV asset database maintenance and application management. This position will be responsible for asset tracking from purchase through the end of life. The AV Asset Management Coordinator works as part of the Planning and Logistics (PAL) team, responsible for operational support of the LST mission. This role will work with other groups in LST including designers, integrators, and support personnel. As AV Asset Management Coordinator you will also be responsible for ordering equipment to support active projects, communicating with vendors. The AV Asset Management Coordinator also prepares, coordinates, and organizes the deliverables for integrators and contractors so that project schedules are achieved. The AV Asset Management Coordinator also maintains accurate and complete data for all AV hardware assets procured, installed, and maintained by LST, creating and maintaining regular audit schedules, for AV hardware as needed to maintain accuracy within the asset management repository and inventory management systems, and populating the asset repository with missing legacy data.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
Learning Spaces Technology (LST) is a department within the Office of Information Technology (OIT). OIT is a dynamic organization, filled with energetic staff and students who aim to serve the campus and contribute to student success while supporting the University’s academic, research and service missions. We’re located in the heart of the beautiful CU Boulder campus. See what OIT is all about by watching This is OIT .
LST provides direct support to the University's teaching and learning, by maintaining state-of-the-art facilities and associated services. LST performs design, installation, and support of instructional spaces, including traditional classrooms, computer labs, and various types of remote capable facilities.
LST delivers solutions that enhance teaching and learning by providing the faculty and students at CU a uniform, immersive, adaptive, and enriching experience. Join our dynamic, energetic, and fun team as we work to ensure CU Boulder is a leader in higher education!
Based on our departmental goals and our commitment to diversity and inclusive excellence, OIT particularly welcomes applications from candidates whose knowledge, skills, and abilities, and desire to contribute to an inclusive campus environment, will help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Hardware and Software Asset Management:
- Responsible for the lifecycle management of AV systems in all LST projects including capital construction projects, auxiliary projects and centrally supported classrooms, to include financial modelling, asset management, and inventory of AV hardware and software.
- Responsible for ensuring that LST asset management tools are adequate for the business needs, and makes recommendations to leadership in regards to AV asset management strategy.
- Responsible for the application management and database accuracy of asset management tools deployed by LST.
- Perform with the help and oversight of others, audits of AV hardware and software deployed on the CU Boulder campus, and within LST inventory to ensure compliance and control.
- Work closely with project stakeholders to determine accurate equipment lists for individual projects. Ensure clarity of specifications and expectations from the stakeholders prior to determining procurement options.
Asset Management Procedure and Processes:
- Create/review/update AV hardware asset management policy and process documents to ensure accuracy/completeness.
- Assist with overseeing current-state processes and policies. Provide weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports on hardware asset data accuracy and work with accounting to ensure asset data matches accounting asset data. Work directly with the LST design, integration, support and project management teams to complete daily asset management activities for all ongoing AV projects.
- Coordinate with operational support teams to ensure data is being captured in the Asset Management repository correctly.
- Manage property reporting for all internal and external customers.
- Perform data analysis to mitigate property business system risks, identify opportunities for improvement and plan for resource requirements. Manage site property control activities including record creation, tagging, inventory coordination, subcontractor control, material management, excess identification, warehousing, usage authorization, contract closeout, and disposition.
- Provide training, as requested, to LST personnel on the property management application, and processes.
- Participate in department efforts to drive process improvement, with primary emphasis on asset management and associated outcomes.
- Collaborate with other campus asset management teams, where appropriate, to align, achieve efficiencies and reduce duplication.
- Define objectives and scope of effort. Establish well-articulated implementation plans, and establish criteria for success. Identify constraints and realistically draft specific charter. Implement performance indicators and verify sustainability of measures.
- Continuously improves the processes, procedures, and systems necessary for effective and efficient management of university property.
What We Can Offer
- Annual salary range for this position is $60,000 - 65,000.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Collaborative. Be Groundbreaking. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution (a combination of education and relevant experience as described below may be substituted for the degree on a year-by-year basis).
- 2 years of AV or IT asset management experience, which includes experience with AV or IT asset management systems and/or tools such as Fishbowl or Solutions 360.
What You Will Need
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills required.
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, problem solver.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and experience with people and processes with the ability to interact professionally with various levels within the organization.
- Highly organized with an ability to manage multiple high level activities concurrently.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Two years of AV system experience.
- Operational experience performing asset inventory audits and data reconciliation.
- One of more of the following certifications will be helpful:
- Certified Professional Property Manager (CPPM).
- Certified Asset Management Professional (CAMP).
- Certified Hardware Asset Management Professional (CHAMP).
- Certified IT Asset Manager (CITAM).
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundations certified.
- AVIXA Certified Technology Specialist (CTS).
- Some supervisory experience will be helpful but not required.
26To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by April 25, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu