Job Code/Title 82681 - H - Lab Engineer RS 1 Position Number HU1324 Working Title Research Engineer Department Chemical & Life Science Engineering Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range $28-$32 Campus Monroe Park Campus Position Type Hourly Hours/Week 15-28 hrs/week Normal work days Monday- Friday varies by need Normal work hours 8:00am-5:00pm varies by need Job Category Research Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Description of the Job
The department of Chemical and Life Science Engineering at VCU College of Engineering is in search of an hourly Research Engineer.
The Research Engineer will be responsible for the day-to-day activities required to support continuous improvement and
maintenance of equipment in order to provide a student experience that complies with ABET accreditation requirements.
Specifically, duties include:
- Facilitate research in the area of unit operations and engineering instrumentation and assist in the completion of critical lab functions.
- Maintain laboratory facilities in a safe, clean, and organized manner.
- Train new laboratory users as necessary.
- Purchase supplies, equipment, repair, and service contracts, and maintain related records.
- Calibrate lab instrumentation and maintain lab equipment, utilizing instrument and equipment vendors as appropriate.
- Support installation or modification of new or revised experimental set-ups ranging from bench to pilot scale.
- Part-time, non-benefited position limited to 28 hours per week
- Previous experience working with laboratory and/or pilot-scale equipment is required.
- The College of Engineering supports a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment. The candidate will demonstrate
experience that shows their commitment to fostering such an environment.
- Ability to coordinate and conduct multiple projects simultaneously.
- Some post-graduate training; associates degree or technical education
- Must be detail-oriented and have good observation skills.
- Should have a willingness to learn and use specialized techniques.
- Familiarity with the research process and principles of research design required
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, time management, and communication skills.
- Ability to establish priorities and to handle multiple tasks.
- Experience in electromechanical systems, controls, and chemical processing equipment is preferred
Job Open Date 03/25/2021 Remove from posting on or before Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants Additional Information Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/104604 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Briefly describe your experience working in a lab or research
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please describe any experience you have with
electromechanical systems, controls, and chemical processing
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Engineering Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond