EDGE Lab Administrative Assistant
Job Code/Title 82751 - H - Labs/Research Assistant 1 Position Number HU0579 (TBD) Working Title EDGE Lab Administrative Assistant Department Psychology Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range $15 - $18 Campus Monroe Park Campus Position Type Hourly Hours/Week 10 (up to 29) Normal work days M-F Normal work hours Varied Job Category Research Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? Yes - Continuation of this position depends on funding of the grant. Sensitive Position No Resource Critical No Description of the Job
This administrative support position will assist the Project Coordinator in ensuring the efficient and effective day-to-day operations of the Examining Development, Genes, and Environment ( EDGE ) laboratory, directed by Dr. Danielle Dick (Director) and Dr. Jessica Salvatore (Associate Director).
Job duties include (but are not limited to): providing a wide range of administrative support, specifically for the Project Coordinator, and lab leadership; communicating with internal and external individuals and agencies; and serving as a point of contact for visitors and incoming phone and email contact to the EDGE Lab.
Such job responsibilities include:
• Providing broad-ranging clerical and organizational support for the Project Coordinator, and lab leadership. This includes, but is not limited to:
– Managing Dr. Dick’s calendar (and other lab leadership as requested): scheduling appointments, meetings, conferences and other logistical details; making sure all remote meetings have Zoom links; reconfirming all appointments 48-72 hours prior; updating Dr. Dick of any changes to schedule in a timely manner
– Managing travel logistics for the lab including transportation, lodging, and other details as requested
– Maintaining CV, bibliographies, research entries, etc.
– Adding signatures to documents, putting recommendation letters on letterhead, and tracking contributions
– Serving as the initial point of contact for visitors and incoming phone contact
– Assisting with new hires – processing new hire paperwork for new lab members, working with other departmental staff to get new hires any materials/applications they need
– Organizing and maintaining files for all lab-related projects, grants, publications, etc.
• Processing tech-related requests: e.g. managing supply orders, updating computers from time to time to make sure they are in compliance with VCU guidance
• Building-related items: e.g. communicating with Building Manager, material requests
• Attending lab meetings and project-specific meetings/calls, as requested
• Regularly scheduled check-ins with the Project Coordinator – weekly or bi-weekly (2X/week) depending on hours that week
This opportunity is currently a remote position, but that is subject to change depending on the COVID -19 pandemic. The Administrative Assistant will report directly to the Project Coordinator. This position is flexible, and the Administrative Assistant will work directly with the Project Coordinator to determine their schedule; but at a minimum, they will be expected to log in at some point each day during working hours, Monday-Friday. Hour will vary each week according to workload, with a likely average of ~10 hours/week (not to exceed 29 hours)
We are looking for a highly motivated and adaptable individual with a positive attitude and high attention to detail.
• Ability to complete assignments with great attention to details and a high degree of accuracy, including ability to serve as the proofreader for reports and other written materials.
• Ability to work independently with minimal guidance and as part of a team.
• Demonstrated ability to write and communicate clearly and effectively
• Ability to work well and communicate professionally with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
• Ability to problem-solve with minimal supervision, but with appropriate judgment (i.e., knowing when to ask for help)
• Ability to establish priorities, manage multiple activities and ensure the timely completion of assignments and in meeting deadlines.
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU
Preferred Qualifications Job Open Date 03/25/2021 Remove from posting on or before Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Additional Information Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/104548 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you hear about this posting?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Other Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond