Assistant Director of Ticketing and Sales
Job Title Assistant Director of Ticketing and Sales Posting Number S892P Classification Title
Position will support the Director of Ticketing and Sales with all day-to-day CBU Box Office operations, including ticketing sales, ticket fulfillment, report generation, worker management, and the design of season ticket, mini plan campaigns and group outreach. This is a non-exempt 40 hour/12 month position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned
1. Understand and agree to abide by the mission of CBU and the CBU Athletics Department.
2. Understand and agree to abide by the policies and procedures of the CBU Box Office.
3. Understand and agree to abide by the laws and regulations of the NCAA and CBU affiliated athletic conferences.
4. Assist in the day-to-day operations of the CBU Box Office by providing excellent customer service online, over the phone and in person. This will include answering customer questions over the phone, responding to customer inquiries through our Live Help Assistance, and assisting walk up customers pre-game or day of event.
5. Assist with developing and executing individual, season and mini-plan strategies for all applicable CBU sporting and on campus ticketing events. This will include establishing sales goals, creating revenue generating ticketing promotions and sales initiatives, making outbound sales calls, attending community events promoting ticketing packages, and overseeing outbound sales team.
6. Assist Director of Ticketing and Sales with managing the department’s budget, hiring, and supervision of student workers and outbound sales team.
7. Act as a primary contact and help oversee all ticketing operations for soccer, basketball, volleyball, baseball, softball, water-polo, wrestling, swimming, STUNT, theater arts, and on-campus hosted concerts. These duties will include printing of tickets, managing complimentary pass lists, managing group ticket lists, overseeing will-call operations, managing CBU student workers, and reconciling cash with detailed financial reports at the closing of days’ business operations.
8. Assist with support and utilization of CBU Ticketing Software. This may include fulfilling ticketing requests, assisting customers with questions they may have, helping build events within ticketing system, ticket design, or managing customer or sales reports.
9. Help prepare regular ticket sales audits and reports through ticket system to reflect revenue and attendance at CBU events.
10. Assist with social media campaigns and text marketing campaigns associated with ticketing sales.
11. Provide Director of Ticketing and Sales help with database management, including managing and organizing duplicate customer accounts, working with the alumni office to keep records up-to-date, and assisting customers with address changes throughout the year.
12. Oversee student ticket reservation process for CBU Basketball events. Help coordinate with Director of Ticketing and Sales the amount of student seats that need to be blocked off in CBU Event Center.
13. Help to communicate with donors, public, students and faculty-staff on a regular basis to fulfill seating requests, resolve complaints and offer support.
14. Opening and closing of CBU Box Office before and after business hours on certain occasions.
15. Assist in coordination with various members of the athletics department including, but not limited to: Marketing, Communications, Facilities, Event Management, Athletic Department, Theater Arts, Community Life and other departments.
16. Help Director of Ticketing and Sales coordinate event logistics as needed with other event staff to ensure operational readiness, efficiency, and resource utilization for the consistent fulfillment of services related to ticketing and satisfactory customer service.
17. Develop a strategic plan to build relationships between groups within the surrounding Riverside community and CBU .
This position will work in accordance with the Director of Ticketing and Sales to supervise student workers. Could be responsible for assigning work and/or giving direction to part-time Student Workers, in order to complete office work assignments.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
Ability to work evenings, over holiday breaks and weekends.
Able to be a positive representative of the University at all times.
Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures and practices.
Knowledge of standard budgeting and expenditure control procedures, and documentation.
Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff, student body and community.
Ability to supervise and train staff, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
Strong organizational skills and detailed oriented.
Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
Excellent telephone courtesy knowledge and customer service experience.
Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Open Date 03/25/2021 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting https://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/6405 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside