Receptionist for Finance and Administration
Job Title Receptionist for Finance and Administration Posting Number S895P Classification Title
This position is to act as the main receptionist for the Finance and Administration office by providing general information and assistance for all walk-ins, incoming phone calls and incoming mail by performing the following duties. This is a 25 hour/12 month non-exempt position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned
1. Serves as receptionist for the office with greeting visitors to the office and providing information and materials.
2. Presents a positive and supportive image of California Baptist University.
3. Provides secretarial and general administrative support by preparing correspondence, reports, and memoranda.
4. Answers general questions regarding the Finance and Administration office.
5. Prepares outgoing mail, correspondence, and reviews appointments.
6. Assists in maintaining accurate office records, files, and appropriate databases.
7. Assists in responding to inquiries and appropriate documents.
8. Makes copies of correspondence or other printed materials.
9. Orders and maintains CBU wide office supplies and arranges for equipment maintenance.
10. Processes and distributes incoming mail for the office.
11. Compose and types routine correspondence.
12. Organizes and maintains file system and files correspondence and other records.
13. Answers and screens office’s telephone calls.
14. Processes office payables and requisitions for payment including legal, insurance, credit card and miscellaneous documents.
This position could be responsible for assigning work and/or giving direction to part-time Student Workers, in order to complete office work assignments.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures and practices.
Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
Strong interpersonal, communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Strong organizational skills and detailed oriented.
Excellent telephone courtesy knowledge and experience.
Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree ( GED ); or one to three months’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Open Date 03/25/2021 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting https://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/6411 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside