Program Advisor and Credential Analyst
Job Title Program Advisor and Credential Analyst Posting Number S896P Classification Title
Provide expert program advising and credential analysis for students in School of Education programs, in accordance with Commission on Teacher Credentialing and University requirements. Coordinates with graduate admissions and/or makes initial contact with persons inquiring about teaching credential programs and assists with each step required to complete the credential. The program advisor assists students and candidates from initial inquiry through the admissions process, registration for the program, and ongoing advising to ensure that students complete the program in which they are enrolled. This is a 40 hours/12 month non-exempt position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned
1. Advises students in program completion plans and requirements. Maintains ongoing communication with students to ensure they are making positive progress in the program.
2. Analyzes course transfer requests, and evaluates files for readiness for application for the teaching credential.
3. Promotes and explains CBU’s School of Education programs.
4. Conducts Information Sessions on a rotating basis with other program advisors and admissions.
5. Holds registration sessions with students who have been accepted to ensure they are registered in the correct courses. Creates study plans for students that delineate the proper course and testing sequence to complete the program.
6. Maintains necessary reference materials, testing information, and notices of job fairs.
7. Utilizes computer to do word processing, database use, spreadsheet use, e-mail access, Internet use, and mail merge use to facilitate communications with students, CBU, and school district personnel.
8. Assists deans in marketing and recruiting students for the programs.
9. Responds to all School of Education program inquiries both from graduate admissions and direct from candidates
10. Conducts regular advising sessions providing personalized program information.
11. Works with the senior credential advisor to assure candidate credential information is current with the CTC .
12. Analyzes candidate work and documentation to ensure candidate has met all candidate requirements. Recommends credentials to CTC for candidates.
13. Generate reports for assessment of data for state and national agencies, program directors, and deans as needed.
14. Prepare information to publicize changes in program requirements.
15. Provide administrative support to the administrative assistant and deans as necessary.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
Ability to enjoy meeting the public and serving as a positive public relations representative for the University and the School of Education in school districts.
Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
Ability to make administrative, and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures and practices.
Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
Ability to use independent judgment, and to manage and impart confidential information.
Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Ability to investigate, and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
Excellent telephone courtesy, knowledge and experience.
Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
Ability to communicate to prospective students the strengths of the Cal Baptist credential program.
Education and/or Experience
Open Date 03/25/2021 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting https://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/6413 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside