Office Assistant I - (STA007029)
Provides clerical office support to office staff by performing routine duties such as typing, filing, answering phones, and a variety of other office duties.,Performs a variety of entry level office duties, which typically include one or more of the following
- Preparing and processing purchase vouchers, Service Center Requisitions, travel requests, travel vouchers and purchase requisitions.
- Typing miscellaneous correspondence to staff, faculty, students and external businesses and individuals.
- Answering the telephone and transferring calls to appropriate staff; taking messages.
- Greeting visitors, answering questions, and resolving routine problems; referring visitors to appropriate staff.
- Picking up mail and distributing it to staff; assisting with bulk mailing, compiling mailing lists, and preparing out-going mail for pick-up.
- Assisting in preparing personnel and payroll records and maintaining employee time information.
- Creating, retrieving and filing records electronically.
- Assisting undergraduate students with registration, maintaining undergraduate database, maintaining undergraduate files, and other items that pertain to undergraduate students.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
High school and 6 months experience
Requires a basic knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and simple mathematical functions like percentages, ratios, etc. as might normally be acquired through attainment of a high school diploma or GED. Requires a minimum of six (6) months of directly job-related experience.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston