Coordinator for Residence Life, Student Housing
Coordinator for Residence Life, Student Housing
The Coordinator for Residence Life position is a full-time (12 month) live-on professional position that carries responsibilities for administering a comprehensive residence life program in a community of 300-500 residents. The Coordinator is a key position that works with the Student Housing and Residence Life team to foster student success and develop community for all residential students.
Job Duties of the Coordinator for Residence Life include but are not limited to:
- Professionally and efficiently execute Cameron University's commitment to student success
- Lead Resident Assistant
- Resident Assistants (approximately 10)
- Student Intern
- Facility Responsibilities- Shepler Residence Halls
- Responsible for overseeing the student conduct process within the assigned community.
- Work with Resident Assistant staff members individually to ensure growth and development.
- Manage the RA programming budget for assigned community
- Manage facility access
- Schedule Resident Assistant on-call and desk duty for area coverage
- Departmental Responsibilities
- Responsible for department wide programming and curriculum
- Plan and execute the recruitment, selection, hiring, and training of all Resident Assistants
- Advise Residence Hall Association
- Chair Dinning Committee in coordination with University food provider
- Collaborate with appropriate University officials to facilitate Student Housing and Residence Life facility reservations
- Coordinate the Student Housing and Residence Life summer camp operations by serving as the Point of Contact and coordinating with internal and external campus stakeholders
- Coordinate department events such as, but not limited to, the Late Night Breakfast and End of Year Staff Banquet
- Review and maintain the department website regularly
- Assist with departmental and division initiatives
- Participate in emergency and crisis prevention planning and preparation
- Respond to emergency or crisis situations appropriately as they arise
- Open and close housing at the beginning and ending of each semester
- Participate in a professional on-call rotation
- Will require additional night and weekend work beyond the on-call responsibility
- Maintain office hours (generally 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday)
- Perform other related duties as needed to support the goals of the department and mission of the university
Supervision: The position reports directly to the Director of Student Housing and Residence Life.
- Bachelor’s Degree by time of appointment.
- Two years’ experience either living on or working in housing or residence life.
- Willingness to be on-call and work evenings and weekends as necessary.
- Ability to pass a background screening.
- Master’s Degree in higher education, student affairs, educational administration, or related field.
- Experience supervising Resident Assistants.
- Post undergraduate work experience in housing or residence life.
SALARY: $28,000. In addition to salary, the employee is provided a two bedroom furnished apartment including utilities, cable, internet, a meal plan, parking permit, and rec center access.
Cameron University offers a wide variety of comprehensive programs to benefit our employees. We are proud to offer such benefits as paid medical coverage for our employees, ample time off opportunities and employee tuition waiver programs. To view all benefits available to employees, visit: https://www.cameron.edu/hr/staff-benefits-summary.
Cameron University (www.cameron.edu) is a state-supported regional institution located in Lawton, Oklahoma, that offers undergraduate and graduate degrees. Dedicated to excellence, the university provides a wide range of economic, cultural, and educational opportunities for the betterment of all citizens. Master’s-level graduate degrees are offered in business, behavioral sciences and education; baccalaureate programs are offered in more than forty disciplines, and associate degrees are offered in many other studies. The close proximity of Fort Sill contributes to an area rich in cultural diversity and provides the opportunity for many cooperative efforts. The combined community of Lawton/Fort Sill has a population of more than 100,000 and is located adjacent to the picturesque Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge. A copy of the University’s Annual Security Report, listing crime statistics and university policies, is available by contacting the Office of Public Safety or by accessing the report online at www.cameron.edu/ops.
To apply online, go to https://jobs.silkroad.com/Cameron/Careers/jobs/1196. Attachments should include a cover letter indicating experience applicable to position, resume, transcripts (unofficial are acceptable at this point), names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.