Music Technology Professor
The College of Music and Media of Loyola University invites applications for a faculty position to begin Fall 2021. The appointment will be made at the level of Extraordinary Assistant Professor (One-year renewable appointment, non-tenure track).
● The qualified candidate is experienced in all aspects of music
technology including audio recording technology and techniques, web
development, computer programming, MIDI/OSC, and video
● Masters degree or commensurate professional experience required, Doctorate or ABD preferred.
● Teach in all areas of music technology including Internet
Technology I consisting of audio, video and graphics; website
development using CSS, HTML 5, and PHP; audio signal synthesis and
processing; audio recording, mixing and mastering using popular
audio software; marketing using social media and other platforms;
MIDI and other electronic music sequencing; and other music
technology related areas of expertise.
● Potential for interdisciplinary work with other degree program faculty (e.g., composition, music theory, music education, music therapy, visual arts and design, digital media) and in the development of distance learning programs.
● Work in a collaborative manner and fulfill various roles in college and university activities.
● Serve as an academic advisor and mentor to students.
● Assist with departmental websites and student workers.
● Other duties assigned.
About Us: The School of Music Industry offers B.S and B.A. degrees in Music Industry Studies, Popular and Commercial Music, and Hip Hop and R&B within the College of Music and Media in a liberal arts university. The Department also offers minor tracks for B.M., B.B.A., and B.A. students. The Music Industry program provides students with instruction in music business, technology, communications, media, and music, as well as the liberal arts. Loyola University New Orleans, a Jesuit and Catholic institution of higher education, welcomes students of diverse backgrounds and prepares them to lead meaningful lives with and for others; through teaching, research, creative activities, and services, the faculty, in cooperation with the staff, strives to education the whole student and to benefit the larger community.
Applications: Candidates should submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae, sample writing, syllabi, productions, and other related materials, and the names and contact information of three references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Music Technology Search Committee
Dr. Jeffrey Albert, Assoc. Professor and Director
School of Music Industry
College of Music and Media
Loyola University New Orleans
6363 St. Charles Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70118
In order to ensure full consideration, applications must be received by April 15, 2021. Loyola University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer. We particularly invite applications from women and members of minority groups underrepresented in academe.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in New Orleans
- Arts Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in New Orleans
- Music Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in New Orleans
- Communications Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in New Orleans
- Digital Media Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in New Orleans