Instructor or Assistant Professor of Anatomy & Physiology
Arkansas State University – Beebe, a two-year residential community college a part of the Arkansas State University System, invites applications for a full-time, promotion eligible, Instructor or Assistant Professor of Anatomy & Physiology to begin August 2021.
The successful candidate will possess thorough knowledge of the discipline to teach survey courses in Anatomy & Physiology and Biology. Courses taught include Anatomy & Physiology I & II, Introduction to Biology to non-science majors, and Principles of Biology to science majors, and Nutrition. Online instruction via the CANVAS LMS platform will be required.
The individual hired will:
• Teach Face-to-Face, Hybrid, Online, and Zoom course offerings as needed. Evening and Saturday courses possible.
• Teach at our satellite locations as needed.
• Provide a safe and clean learning environment in the lab at all times.
• Maintain an active roster of advisees within the division and across the college.
• Collaborate with colleagues and administration on curriculum development and program review within the division.
• Participate in program assessment.
• Engage in student recruitment and retention initiatives.
• Institutional committee service.
• Use college technology such as CANVAS, Campus Management, Banner, and Office 365 adequately and appropriately.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong desire for teaching and community engagement.
Required Education and/or Experience: Master’s degree in Anatomy/Biology/Physiology or other field specializing in Anatomy and Physiology. Additional credentials in nutrition is a plus. One year teaching experience.