Information Literacy and Technology Librarian
Function of Position:
The Information Literacy and Technology Librarian (ILTL) provides liaison duties for assigned academic departments including teaching information literacy both individually and in group settings, providing subject area collection development, and general reference services. Collaborates with librarians and departmental faculty to achieve the outcomes of the College’s Information Literacy Across the Curriculum program. Oversees core library systems, manages and troubleshoots the circulating technology collection and, in conjunction with Information Technology Services (ITS), guides the ELITE program, a peer-to-peer student library technology support service. The ILTL provides leadership, training, and support for library technology with the goal of supporting library users in locating, accessing, and using information. This is a titled faculty position reporting to the Library Director, with a liaison relationship with ITS for technology related activities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach information literacy skills and concepts to support and enhance Wartburg’s Information Literacy Across the Curriculum program. Create and maintain teaching partnerships with classroom faculty and staff, foster mentoring relationships with students, and conduct liaison and collection duties as assigned. Provide general reference services with possible (infrequent) weekend or evening hours.
- Participate in planning, assessment, training, and policy-making activities with library colleagues.
- Consult with students, faculty, and colleagues using library systems.
- Serve as library’s technology/systems representative to various library consortia.
- Serve as primary contact with library vendors and consortia in negotiating subscription pricing for databases and other electronic resources and services.
- Generate reports and usage statistics to assist in the selection/deselection of these resources as well as provide data required by reporting agencies and accreditation bodies.
- Collaborate with ITS Techline Staff to administer the Vogel Library’s core technology systems, including the integrated library system, troubleshooting issues with access, vendor connections, equipment, etc.
- Partner with ITS Techline Staff to oversee ELITE program, including hiring/training/supervising/evaluating student workers
- Manage library’s circulating technology including laptops, cameras, camcorders, adapters, chargers, etc.
- Updates library information on website such as library guides, hours, events, and other changes, both temporary and
- As a titled faculty member and member of the Wartburg community, provide service to the college, through academic advising, student recruitment, and committee membership; engage in professional research/scholarship related to libraries and to the teaching and learning environment.
- Performs other professional duties in support of library services, programs, and operations as assigned by the Library Director.
- ALA-accredited library degree (MLIS or equivalent)
- Evidence of effective teaching skills in group or individual settings
- Familiarity with an integrated library system, and eagerness to learn and experiment with new technologies
- Knowledge of website design and best practices
- Technology fluency
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and on a collaborative team with strong service orientation
- Excellent problem-solving, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Experience with information literacy, teaching, and reference in an academic library
- Experience with integrated library system, especially Ex Libris’s Alma/Primo
- Supervisory experience
- Successful experience working with diverse populations
CONTRACT: Twelve-month term contract, renewable based on an annual performance review and continuing institutional need.
Send letter of interest, including a statement regarding qualities you offer within the context of the Wartburg College mission, résumé, transcripts, and contact information for three references electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org. See www.wartburg.edu for further information about the college. Screening begins immediately and continues until position is filled.