Director of Online and Distance Education Enrollment Management
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Builds and leads recruitment and retention efforts of all
online programs to enhance the regional, national, and
international reputation of the University and meet established
2. Develops and implements operational policies, procedures, and standards for quality assurance in online programs.
3. Ensures standardized practices of processing prospective student inquiries through enrollment are implemented. Monitors and reports conversion progress/metrics and initiates and implements corrective action as needed.
4. Ensures online programming maintains a culture of superior customer service through example, encouragement, and direction to staff and faculty.
5. Builds strong working relationships with external partners to enhance revenue through development of online programs.
6. Provides liaison between the University and the administration of partner institutions (for example: community colleges, military education centers, high schools, corporations), as assigned.
7. Works closely and collaboratively with residential admissions and financial aid staff.
8. Supervises and trains online student support and recruitment staff.
9. Assumes responsibility to maintain and upgrade professional knowledge and skills with regulations, industry trends, current practices, new developments, and applicable laws.
10. Serves as a role model for the Universities standards of conduct.
11. Demonstrates a high degree of commitment to customer service and student success.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Education: Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum of five years of experience in higher education online recruitment.
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities:
• Direct experience in recruitment for online or distance education programs.
• Possess a sophisticated understanding of the tenets of retention and recruitment plus demonstrated success creating and executing business, strategic, and operating plans, including an understanding of the national and global nature of the online/distance education marketplace and strategies for being competitive in this market.
• Excellent project management skills and proven supervisory and staff development skills to effectively manage teams, inspire quality performance, and enhance morale.
• Strong analytic, problem-solving, written and oral communication and presentation skills.
• Proficiency in MS Office Professional and database management tools, plus familiarity with common SIS and CRM software.
• Effective organizational skills are necessary as well as a high regard for confidentiality.
• Positive attitude, flexibility, proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion.
• Work irregular hours and weekends as needed.
• Passion for Husson University's mission.