Financial Aid Counselor
• Serve as walk-in financial aid counselor for prospective and
current students. Educate families on financial aid programs,
regulations, various loan programs as well as document, financial
aid, and loan application completion assistance.
• Assist with student/parent phone and email inquiries regarding financial aid information.
• Assist with tracking of verification and award documents into PowerFAIDS system; follow up with students for missing or incomplete documents.
• Financial literacy and education outreach to prospective and current students, primarily through the Husson Experience classes.
Co-manage student employees with Administrative Assistant.
Delinquent loan outreach; oversee i3 Group default prevention activities
Manage office social media presence.
• Presentations and Admissions events support, such as Open Houses, Eagle Days, and New Student Orientations.
• Other project and duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree preferred w/ a preference of experience in financial aid, or a comparable combination of experience from other professional positions.
• Ability to navigate and understand the university student
administrative management systems, and State and Federal financial
aid program regulations and policies.
• Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills with a focus on multi-tasking, transactional service
• Proven customer service experience, focused on client needs, well-developed listening skills, and demonstrated capacity to follow through on requests and problem resolution.
•Dedication to student service and success