Job No: 496692
Position Type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: Finance / Business Support
Reporting to the Senior Financial Analyst, this full-time position is responsible for day to day management and controls of cash and ecommerce activity, review and processing of adjusting journal entries and automated data feeds, internal award / project accounting, and balance sheet and revenue/expense analyses in a multi-system, cloud-based environment. The Staff Accountant/Analyst works as an integral member of the Finance team in supporting the overall financial management of Bucknell University.
- Responsible for data analysis, reconciliation, and reporting of
various assets and liabilities.
- Prepare and manage reconciliations and reporting of all bank
and ecommerce activity in digital environment. Provide support to
integration of banking, credit card, and e-commerce systems,
general ledger, and business processes. Assist with daily cash flow
- Support Accounting Services and Finance Office team by
performing and assisting with:
- Journal entry preparation / review including automated data feeds to the accounting systems.
- Support Finance team with analyses of revenues and expenses, in a hierarchical account and cost center environment.
- gift, endowment, and pledge accounting, including unitized accounting for pooled endowments, analyses of pledged contributions, and net asset accounting.
- Primary liaison for the University's internal research and
scholarly development programs; including faculty and non-faculty
awards. Provides support to the Provost Office, Colleges, and other
departments when internal awards are granted to faculty and
- Assist Finance Office personnel with the preparation of
supporting schedules and reconciliations for financial ratio
analyses, 990 tax reporting, and other reporting requirements of
- Provide support to internal and external auditors by responding
to data and documentation requests in accordance with auditor
- Serve as the Finance liaison on certain student instructional
projects; provide guidance and act as a resource for the student
instructional projects regarding basic accounting and budget
- Assist the Associate Controller-Accounting Services and Senior
Financial Analyst in other financial operations areas as
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business
Administration or similar field and two years of related experience
in accounting and financial reporting in a complex not-for-profit
organization or a minimum of two years of auditing and accounting
experience with a large, nationally recognized, public accounting
firm with a not-for-profit focus. Or an equivalent combination of
education and related experience in accounting and financial
reporting in a complex not-for-profit organization.
- Experience using complex ERP systems.
- Demonstrated aptitude in using sophisticated data mining and
report writing tools in cloud-based systems.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Word,
Access and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with University
constituents in both written and oral forms.
- Appreciation for and understanding of a Finance Office's role
in a University setting including a focus on service and ability to
work within a collaborative team environment.
- Familiarity with generally accepted accounting principles as
applied in a higher education setting including an understanding of
net asset classification accounting of gifts, pledges, and
The successful candidate will have significant prior experience working with and contributing to a diverse workforce.
- Four years of related experience in accounting and financial
reporting in a complex not-for-profit organization
- CPA certification or advanced degree
- Experience in Workday
To apply, visit https://careers.bucknell.edu/en-us/job/496692/staff-accountantanalyst