Visiting Assistant/Associate Professor of Design and Technology Position ID: F00247P
University of Texas at Arlington (UTA)
Department of Theatre Arts
Visiting Assistant/Associate Professor of Design and Technology
Position ID: F00247P
The Department of Theatre Arts at The University of Texas at Arlington invites applications for a nine-month Visiting Assistant/Associate Professor of Design and Technology beginning September 1, 2021. This is a one-year appointment with possible renewal. Applicants should have expertise in one or more of the following areas: Scenography, Scenic Design, Lighting Design, Projection Design, Costume Design, Sound Design, or any combination within the Design and Technology area.
The responsibilities of the faculty member in this nine-month position include, but are not limited to:
- Teach a 2/2 course load in the Design and Technology concentration. Assignments may include: 1) teaching in areas of expertise, 2) Mentoring student designers and technicians.
- Designing for our ambitious production season.
- Provide leadership to full and part-time faculty and students within the Design/Tech area, including but not limited to short-term and long-term planning, organization, production processes, curriculum review and development.
- Engage in service on Departmental, College, and University levels. This may include serving on committees and participating in recruitment
- Other duties as assigned
Faculty members at UTA are expected to excel at teaching and mentoring students that are broadly diverse regarding race, ethnicity, socio-economic status, gender, and sexual orientation. A demonstrated commitment to and excellence in teaching diverse student populations, including first generation college students.
A terminal degree (MFA, PhD, or equivalent) in at least one of the following: Scenography, Scenic Design, Lighting Design, Projection Design, or any combination within the DT area. Exhibit strong leadership, management, artistic, and collaborative skills. Evidence of teaching and working with a culturally and an ethnically diverse community.
Visiting Assistant Professor requirements: Design experience in professional non-profit and/or commercial theatre is required.
Visiting Associate Professor requirements: Extensive Design experience in professional, non-profit and/or commercial theatre, and demonstrated leadership in a Design and Technology program is required.
- Active membership in USA829
- Teaching experience at college level
- Experience in multipledesign/tech areas
- Evidence of research or creative activity in the candidate’s field or demonstrated potential for success.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience, pending budget approval.
The Department of Theatre Arts offers BA and BFA degrees and a minor in Dance: https://theatre.uta.edu. The University of Texas at Arlington is a Carnegie Research-1 “very high research activity” institution. With a student enrollment of approximately 60,000 globally, UTA is rapidly becoming one of the largest institutions in the State of Texas. The campus and Metroplex area offer a wide variety of cultural and recreational opportunities including museums, concerts, theatre, professional sports, and other interests: https://visitdfw.com; https://utatickets.com.
For more information or questions about the faculty job posting, please contact the Search Chair, Professor Andrew Gaupp, email@example.com.
To apply applicants should go to http://uta.peopleadmin.com/ and submit the following materials: 1) cover letter, 2) curriculum vita, 3) a link to work samples/portfolio, 4) statement of teaching philosophy 5) unofficial copy of terminal transcript (official copies requested later), and 6) the names and contact information of three professional references. A review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
UTA is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation. A criminal background check will be conducted on finalists. UTA is a tobacco-free campus.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Arlington
- Arts Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Arlington
- Performing Arts Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Arlington
- Education Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Arlington
- Instructional Technology & Design Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Arlington