Assistant Professor, Business
This is a tenure track faculty position teaching in the School of Business and Economics (SBE). Focus will be on quantitative courses related to business analytics and data science. Academic rank dependent on qualifications, credentials and experience.
The successful candidate will engage in quality teaching, service and scholarly activity in support of business courses in SBE, advise students and serve on SBE and University committees. Courses to be designed and developed include business analytics or similar courses. Teaching opportunities include Statistics, Business Intelligence, Data Visualization, Data Mining, Marketing Analytics, Predictive Analytics, Simulation, Social Media Analytics, Web Analytics and others related to business analytics and quantitative courses for business students. The successful candidate may be called upon to teach other basic business courses, such as Principles of Management and Principles of Marketing, depending on the needs of SBE. Courses will be primarily undergraduate.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- A PhD or DBA in a business discipline from an AACSB accredited program. An ABD will be considered with an earned doctorate required by August 20, 2021.
- Experience teaching business analytics, financial analytics, accounting analytics or similar quantitative courses in business at the undergraduate and/or graduate level over at least one semester or 4 month period.
- Evidence of quality scholarship and activity in relevant professional societies and public outreach.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with people from different cultural backgrounds, including those associated with race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, and other aspects of human diversity
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- Willingness and interest in utilizing technology in the classroom.
- Demonstrated experience and commitment to continued professional development in best practices in teaching and learning, including the use of alternative delivery formats.
The successful candidate will be dynamic, energetic, creative and engaging. The successful candidate will demonstrate commitment to the public liberal arts mission and to quality teaching and learning methods. The successful candidate must be committed to the highest ethical standards and demonstrate effective leadership and teamwork skills. Candidates who incorporate issues of inclusive excellence and diversity within their curriculum are especially encouraged to apply.