Dean of General Education
Compensation: $57,441-$64,650+ benefits including generous employer contributions to medical, dental and vision premiums, and participation in the Oregon PERS retirement system.
Who we are:
Columbia Gorge Community College (CGCC) is a rural community college, sized perfectly to be dynamic, nimble and innovative. We serve a full-time equivalency (FTE) of approximately 850 students, with a total headcount of approximately 4,000 students.CGCC serves a diverse region in north-central Oregon and south-central Washington. Our main campus is within the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area in The Dalles. There is also a satellite center in Hood River, Oregon. Currently the college offers a full range of courses, including collegiate transfer, career and technical education, pre-college, dual credit, community education, and customized training. The college has made great strides in providing innovative and exemplary career and technical programs of critical importance to the communities and regions it serves.
We are in need of…
A Dean to bring innovation and strong leadership to all General Education and transfer programs including, arts/humanities, English/writing/foreign languages, math, science, social sciences, and high school Dual Credit and Early College. The Dean supervises, develops and supports faculty who teach in these program/subject areas.
What you will do…
• Provide program leadership that promotes program growth by implementing strategies which maximize student success, such effective and best-practice instructional delivery systems and methodologies that create an environment conducive to teaching and learning.
• Analyze and coordinate with Student Services and the General Education department chairs the development of the annual and quarterly schedule of classes and faculty assignments for program responsibility areas.
• Coordinate with the Office of Curriculum, Accreditation and Assessment and department chairs, to ensure that curriculum is effective, contemporary, professional, and responsive to changing regional, state and local needs.
• Provide leadership and oversee accelerated college credit programs, which includes College Now (i.e., Dual Credit, Sponsored Dual Credit), Early College, and Running Start.
• Support and encourage the collection and analysis of relevant course, program and institutional data as integral to the assessment of student learning.
• Support and collaborate on the development and implementation of institutional initiatives, such as Guided Pathways.
What you bring….• Master’s degree from an accredited institution in Education, Higher Education/Student Affairs, Communications, or Business Administration, or one of the disciplines taught at the college. An equivalent combination of education and experience will receive consideration.
• Three or more years of administrative or management experience in an environment which involved planning, budgeting, supervision, and community relations. Experience in post-secondary education – teaching and/or administration – strongly preferred.
What the area offers…Columbia Gorge Community College is located in an area of exceptional scenic beauty, recreational opportunity, and climatic diversity. The Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area offers spectacular waterfalls and scenic vistas, while the majestic Mt. Adams and Mt. Hood volcanoes dominate the skyline to the north and south.
Manufacturing, technology, and IT companies are expanding rapidly in the area, which is home to companies such as Insitu/Boeing, Tofurky, Cardinal Glass, Sagetech, HoodTech, and Google. Much of the area is connected to agricultural pursuits, with large acreages of wheat fields, cherry, pear, and apple orchards, and dozens of vineyards. Outdoor recreation is one of the primary lifestyle benefits of the area, and it attracts a busy tourist industry. Portland is only an hour away, with its various urban attractions and access to international travel.
Closes April 19, 2021 at 5 pm.
Please include a resume, letter of interest and unofficial transcripts with your application materials.