Recruiter, Latin@ Leadership Initiative
Working closely with the executive director of the Latin@ Leadership Initiative, the recruiter for Latin@ Leadership promotes Marian University’s Catholic Franciscan mission and identity by increasing educational achievement among Latin@s by achieving ambitious enrollment goals. The recruiter plays a key role in this strategic plan by increasing enrollment throughout Marian University’s colleges and scholarship programs.
The recruiter for Latin@ Leadership will lead the effort to increase Latin@ enrollment at Marian University to 125 FTFT students by fall 2025. The recruiter is a self-starter with exceptional relational skills, who is passionate about student success, and experience in the Latin@ community. The recruiter represents Marian University to families, prospective students, and recruitment partners by making presentations, hosting recruitment events, and assisting offices throughout Marian University to increase Latin@ enrollment. This position requires extensive travel with overnights, evenings, and weekend hours. Additionally, this person will follow established protocols in the Division of Enrollment, and collaborate with the Division of Mission and Ministry, 21st Century Scholars program, and the Office of Marketing Communications.
This position plays a key role in Marian University’s Latin@ Leadership Initiative (LLI). LLI seeks to raise educational achievement among Latin@s by infusing our schools with transformational mentors, building a network of support, creating a center of faith, life and culture, providing radical access to and comprehensive support during higher education, and expanding resources necessary to accomplish these ambitious goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively engages the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values, honoring the legacy of the founding congregation, promoting unity in diversity, and integrating the Catholic Franciscan intellectual traditions in courses, programs, and services.
- Lead recruitment of Latin@ students and families to achieve the enrollment of 125 FTFT by 2025 through outreach to families, students, enrollment partners, and by hosting key events on campus and virtually.
- Organizes at least three large, high quality on-campus recruiting events each year
- Communicates regularly with the Division of Enrollment and attends meetings as requested
- Design and implement recruitment social media campaigns for the Latin@ Leadership Initiative in collaboration with the Office of Marketing and Communications
- Assist with the process of selection of Latin@ students entering Marian University
- Assist in the retention and success of Latin@ students.
Additional Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Maximize outreach to Latin@ students, families, schools, parishes, and other recruitment partners
- Coordinate marketing and communication efforts for the Latin@ Leadership Initiative at national, regional, and local events
- Supports tailoring existing recruitment efforts in the division of Enrollment, Saint Joseph’s College, Ancilla College, 21st Century Scholars Program, and San Damiano Scholars program to maximize Latin@ enrollment
- Maintain comprehensive records of high school visits and events, college fairs and prospective student and alumni receptions
- Assists in carrying out the aims and goals of the Divisions of Mission and Ministry and Enrollment
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Program Directors
- Bachelor’s degree or 3 years of relevant experience; Business, Marketing, or Communications related degrees/experience are preferred
- Strong bilingual communication skills, both written and verbal, in English and Spanish
- Experience engaging in the Latin@ community including families, schools, religious organizations, and social services
- Ability to establish goals, prioritize, and plan events
- Ability to work with personnel and members of the Roman Catholic Church.
- Skilled in using social media applications
- Proficient in Microsoft applications
- Extensive travel, nights, and weekends
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications require a cover letter, a current resume, contact information for three professional references, and responses to the supplemental mission questions.
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Minority & Multicultural Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis