Director/Assistant Professor of Public Health
The Department of History and Social Sciences at Marian University-Indianapolis seeks qualified applicants for the position of Director/Assistant Professor in Public Health. Area of specialization is open, but candidates should be able to assist the department in one or more of the following areas: addictions around opioids, nutrition and obesity, infectious disease epidemiology, vector-borne disease, sexual and reproductive health, network science around personalized medicine, rural health, or health disparities. Preference will be given to candidates with a minimum of 18 graduate credits in Sociology or Criminology/Criminal Justice.
Marian University is a Catholic, comprehensive, regional institution of higher education dedicated to excellent teaching and learning in the Franciscan and liberal arts traditions and offers a multitude of undergraduate, graduate and professional programs. The faculty member promotes Marian University’s Catholic mission and identity by contributing to the ongoing development of students and wide-ranging programs within the College of Arts and Sciences. Marian University has been experiencing significant growth over the last decade and is expanding its academic offerings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values, honoring the legacy of the founding congregation, promoting unity in diversity, and integrating the Catholic Franciscan intellectual traditions in courses, programs, and services.
- Teaching load: 18 credits per academic year as the Director.
- Contribute to a wide array of teaching outlets, including the general education curriculum, undergraduate major curriculum, and other programs.
- Share in the ongoing development and implementation of department and college activities and projects.
- Engage in research, scholarship, and other professional activities.
- Mentor students through advising, research, and internship opportunities.
- Participate in the life of the campus and university service, including participation in faculty governance and co-curricular programs.
- Experience with online teaching.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of Marian University.
- A completed Ph.D. in Public Health or by date of hire (an MPH will also be considered).
- Evidence of capacity for effective teaching in higher education.
- Potential for ongoing research, publication, and activity in professional associations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated, collaborative, and able to work independently with colleagues throughout the university and in the community.
- Experience with online education is strongly desired.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications require a cover letter, a current CV, contact information for three professional references, and responses to the supplemental mission questions.
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Other Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Other Social & Behavioral Sciences Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis