Associate Dean, Educational Affairs - School of Medicine
The Associate Dean for Educational Affairs will supervise, advise and provide leadership over the activities of the Office of Educational Affairs, the Office of Clinical Education, the Office of Educational Development, the Instruction Management Office, the Houston and Tyler Offices of Regional Medical Education and the Longitudinal Clinical Assessment program.
SPECIFIC JOB RELATED DUTIES:
- Directs and oversees the Office of Educational Affairs
- Supervises, advises, and provides leadership to the Assistant Deans who lead the Instruction Management Office, Office of Clinical Education, Office of Educational Development, Houston and Tyler Office of Regional Medical Education, and Longitudinal Clinical Assessment program
- Support and provide career development for the Assistant Deans Acts as an administrative participant or liaison on multiple committees including: Operations Committee, Curriculum Committee, Academic Review Committee
- Serve as ex officio to represent curricular elements in Academic Progress Committee
- Serves as a member of the LCME Oversight Committee
- Maintain LCME accreditation standards – meeting or exceeding requirements in all education areas
- Maintains quality of curriculum and leads improvement efforts
- Ensure program evaluation is aligned with accreditation standards and data needs
- Oversee the AAMC surveys: Matriculation Student Questionnaire, Year Two Questionnaire, and Graduation Questionnaire
- Shepherd adherence to accreditation expectations as set forth by LCME
- Anticipate and respond to changes in accreditation requirements and advances in medical education
- Oversees the continuous quality improvement of the 4-year MD program in the School of Medicine
- Maintain and amend academic advancement policies
- Collaborates with OSAA for annual updates to the School Bulletin
- Align initiatives to ensure student wellness and educational progress with the Associate Dean, Student Affairs and Admissions
- Work with the Associate Dean, Student Affairs and Admissions to create a positive and effective learning environment
- Together, with the Assistant Dean, Clinical Education, negotiate new clinical training sites
- Provide guidance regarding the educational funds flow (educational FTE distribution) metrics and correct errors
- Key participant in the SACS reaccreditation process (serving on QEP advisory board)
- Develop and maintain external partnerships
- Advise individual students
- Participate in student recruitment efforts
- Maintains relationships with the library, classroom services, testing center, human and non-human simulation centers, and other educational entities
- Adheres to internal controls established for office and department
- Performs related duties as required or assigned
- MD, PhD or equivalent degree and a minimum of three years of experience with medical student education at an LCME- accredited US medical school.
- Five or more years of experience with medical student education, including curricular innovation and accreditation oversight
- Experience as a course/clerkship director or equivalent.
- Experience in faculty development.
- Experience as a manager with direct reports.
- Experience managing multiple budgets
- Prior experience with LCME
- Demonstrated experience with conflict resolution and excellent interpersonal skills with students, faculty, and staff
- Ability to work with leadership across an institution and represent the interest of all groups in an equitable manner
- Experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; must be able to interact with a wide range of students, faculty, and staff.
- Ability to plan, organize, set and accomplish goals. Ability to analyze/evaluate data and make appropriate recommendations.
- Ability to organize and present data in a concise manner.
- Effective problem-solving skills. A passion for students and commitment to professionalism.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Galveston
- Academic Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Galveston
- Academic Administration Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Galveston
- Deans Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Galveston