Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Contracts Coordinator provides support for Drexel’s Office of Research & Innovation (ORI) Contracts team with process management, tracking, and reporting of sponsored project contracting activities, and serving as a resource to the Drexel research community in the efficient processing of contracts and agreements for sponsored research.
- The Contracts Coordinator will be integral in creating and maintaining policies and procedures around ORI Contracts team services and will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of these services, with oversight from the Assistant Director of Contracts.
- Provide process management, tracking, and reporting of sponsored project contract activities by ORI through the InfoEd research administration system.
- Utilize and maintain systems and procedures related to the processing of contracts and agreements.
- Support the Assistant Director of Contracts in the implementation of new technologies and initiatives in the areas of contract review, negotiation, and management.
- Provide initial review of agreements with oversight by the Assistant Director of Contracts.
- Support Drexel's research community in the administration of contracts and agreements for externally sponsored projects, funded and unfunded, providing expertise, customer service, and support.
- Consult with the Assistant Director of Contracts regarding issues and solutions.
- Assist with the development of budgeting and financial documents for clinical trial agreements.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-3 years of relevant professional experience
- Requires the ability to support a high-volume contracting process
- Knowledge of computer applications
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work, work under pressure, meet deadlines, and process large amounts of information
- Communicate effectively with diverse clientele both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work as a member of a large, complex support team
- Previous experience at a non-profit or academic research institution is highly desirable
- Typically sitting at a desk/table
Remote/University City, Philadelphia, PA
This position is classified as Exempt with a salary grade of J. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will continue until a suitable candidate pool is identified.