Assistant Histology Laboratory Manager
Under the supervision of the Histology Lab Manager and Director of Laboratory, assists the Histology Lab Manager to manage the department and direct and coordinate the activities of the Histology Laboratory and its Technicians. Assists the Histology Lab Manager in Client Relations. Performs skilled Histology techniques on tissue in order to aid Pathologists.
- Collect data from various laboratory information systems from all BCM pathology facilities. Weekly tracking and/or distribution of peer review cases for each BCM/CPA facility. Send pathologists monthly summary reports documenting their TAT and peer review results. Ensure all peer review cases are returned to facility from which they were received. Ensure protocol is followed should any TAT stats or peer review cases fall out of threshold.
- Ensure all manuals are current, reviewed, and signed by Medical Director(s). Prepare annual QM Plan(s) for each facility based on the Annual QM Summary with Medical Director(s).
- Order, distribute, track, and maintain records for CAP PT/continuing education for all facilities/pathologists.
- Revise or develop pathology policies/procedures as they are required per CAP or Joint Commission inspection checklists.
- Evaluate and document new testing methods and/or equipment before implementation into the pathology laboratory.
- Meet with Medical Director(s) and lab supervisors at least
quarterly to discuss trends and actions needed; prepare and
distribute agendas at all locations.
- Bachelor's degree in a chemical, physical, or biological science.
- Four years of relevant experience is required.
- Certified Histology Technician (HT) by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) Board of Certification (BOC).
- Lab management.
- Supervisory experience.
Occasional travel may be required throughout the TX area.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston