Join a data team that works closely together and shares credit with our successes and responsibility with our failures. We debate architecture around best practices and new development ideas without tearing each other down. We provide great customer service to our business and technology partners by using relational collaboration and not transactional bureaucracy in order to help deliver data driven decisions to one of the top Universities in the country. We work with a wide range of technologies, and no we do not expect you to know all of them, but you will need to be a fast learner and be technically curious in order to be successful here.
There are many opportunities for growth, as VT has a wide range of technology experts who frequently give training on their area of expertise. As we move to a modern data-lake architecture, we need fast learners who are also passionate about supporting the existing processes that runs the University. The data management and analytics team is a part of central technology and runs Virginia Tech’s warehouse, data lake, data integrations and business intelligence solutions. We are looking for a problem solver who can help us deliver great service and technology solutions. Are you a good fit with the Hokies data management and analytics team?
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field or equivalent training and/or experience
• Advanced experience with (ETL) technologies such as Talend
• Extensive experience in relational databases, like Oracle, Postgres and Redshift including advanced SQL writing ability
• Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS
• Demonstrates skills in working effectively in a team environment. Strong communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated experience in full system lifecycle development including requirements gathering, systems analysis and development of data services, testing and implementation of large enterprise systems
• Extensive experience in data warehouse concepts and dynamic object architecture. Strong understanding in concepts and the features to maintain a well-structured and efficient database
• Experience in cloud services. Ideally AWS services such as EMR, Glue, Athena, RDS and Redshift
• Experience in an object-oriented programming language like Python or Java.
• Experience with Business Intelligence tools such as MicroStrategy, Tableau or SAS
• Experience in an enterprise environment with DevOps best practices and technologies such as Docker, Version Control (Git), and Jenkins
• Experience with data lakes in a Hadoop or AWS environment
• Exposure to web services and APIs
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges , a school of medicine , a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School , and Honors College . The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers . A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Brittany Kessler at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: March 24, 2021
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Computer Sciences & Technology Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg