Maintenance Technician III, HVAC
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance .
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-Montgomery
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of seven colleges, ten centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, is continuously named Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Lone Star College–Montgomery, the premiere student-centered educational institution in Montgomery County, serves The Woodlands and Conroe communities. LSC–Montgomery provides a relaxing and conducive learning atmosphere while offering leisure learning opportunities, individual classes, and unique programs such as radiologic technology, physical therapy, and biotechnology.
Campus address is 3200 College Park Drive, Conroe, TX 77384.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Maintenance Technician III, HVAC maint ains and service s repairs on campus-wide heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning systems. Installs and replaces parts for existing units according to specifications and established safety guidelines. Performs a variety of complicated tasks relying on experience and independent judgmen t to plan and carry out goals. May lead and coordinate the work of other HVA C employees. Assists Senior Maintenance Techs and Facilities management as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS :
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must be well organized and possess int erpersonal communication skills
- Ability to understand and follow and issue directions given orally and in writing, and must be able to read and understand blue prints
- Capable of safely operating powered equipment, such as: saws, drills, and sanders, brush hog, tractor and be able to determine which equipment to use for a particular purpose
- Picking, pinching, typing, or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as in handling
- Picking, holding, or otherwise working, primarily with the whole hand
- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move obj ects, including the human body
- Ability to perform labor intensive work associa ted with facilities maintenance
- Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to m ake the discrimination in sound
- Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction
- Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word including those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly
- Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures, viewing a computer terminal, and/or extensive reading
WORKING SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment ; g as and electric powered tools and equipment typical in the HVAC industry, including but not limited to air conditioning and heating systems, vacuum devices, saws, drills, and vehicles
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed both indoors in a climate-controlled office environment and outdoors with exposure to normal atmospheric conditions, dirt, dust, weather variables, etc.
- Potential risks exist due to handling power tools, equipment, and chemicals
- Position involves intensive physical labor associated with maintenance work and requires safety precautions at all times
- High school diploma and at least 3 years of related work experience, or an equivalent combinat ion of education and experience
- HVAC or Type II EPA Certification
- Must have valid Texas driver's license and be eligible for insurance coverage
Hiring salary range is $46,300 to $53,245 annually.
Lone Star College provides a hiring salary range for all posted full-time non-faculty positions. Where your salary offer would fall in that range is determined by your related experience and education. Should you receive an offer of employment from Lone Star College, the resume submitted in the application process will be utilized to calculate your salary offer. The information outlined below will provide the Office of Human Resources everything needed to determine an accurate starting salary.
Your resume should provide a complete picture of your work experience. The resume should include the following information for each position listed:
- Length of time (specific months and years) of employment
- If the position was full time or part time
- If the position was paid or unpaid
- Unofficial transcript for highest earned degree
Additionally, any certifications listed as required or preferred in the Lone Star College job description should be included in the resume submitted.
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment and excellent work/life balance. This includes a full comprehensive and competitive benefits package, a generous number of paid holidays and vacation days, wellness programs, tuition waiver, professional development opportunities and more.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Conroe
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Conroe
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Conroe
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Conroe
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Conroe