Emergency Medical Technician Instructor/Coordinator
Washburn Institute of Technology seeks applications for an Emergency Medical Technician Instructor/ Coordinator (I/C), a 12-month, full-time benefit-eligible position to begin June 1, 2021.
- Full, current EMT certification and Instructor/Coordinator (I/C) certification, or the ability to become I/C certified by June 1, 2021.
- Two years of experience (4000 hours) as an EMT, or military experience equivalent to two years of experience as an EMT.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Teaching experience at the post-secondary level.
The Technical Instructor position consists of four essential functions: teaching, service, collegiality, and professional development.
- Maintain compliance with the Kansas Board of EMS regulations and Kansas Statutes related to EMT training and certification.
- Develop curriculum according to course competencies on each course syllabus.
- Develop assignments for the classroom and lab/shop if applicable, and attend all class meetings.
- Enforce policies for safety and the use of personal protective equipment for all individuals in the lab/shop environment.
- Maintain student records about the program (i.e., certification testing and the assessment plan); administer tests.
- Evaluate student work, provide feedback to students, and assign grades. Share (as appropriate) information with the Student Services and Dean’s offices; and use the University’s Learning Management System to track grades as required.
- Evaluate each course one teaches and assess personal performance in teaching.
- Participate in college-wide staff development days, departmental meetings and fulfill committee assignments.
- Serve on campus-wide committees as needed; participate actively in departmental/program advisory board meetings.
- Foster a positive relationship with industry and the community.
- Submit budget and purchase recommendations.
- Act in a manner that promotes collegial relationships and shows respect toward students, staff, and colleagues.
- Participate in graduation ceremonies and other ceremonial events as pertains to the department.
- Maintain and advance training in industry-recognized certifications.
- Seek opportunities for professional development or advancement of educational degrees.
- Stay abreast of innovations and developments in the professional field and take advantage of the university’s instructional support programs.
- Adhere to college and University policies and perform additional job-related duties as assigned or as appropriate.
Application review will begin March 25, 2021, and continue until the position is filled. To apply, please submit a letter of interest, resume, copies of transcripts, copies of current credentials, and the names and contact information of three professional references to email@example.com . Please use “Tech Instructor - EMT” in the subject line. The successful candidate will be required to submit to a background check prior to hire. Official transcripts are required upon hire.
Washburn is dedicated to providing a student-centered and teaching focused academic environment and a curriculum that engages the diversity of human experience across the globe. We seek candidates who are committed to Washburn's efforts to create a climate that fosters the growth and development of a diverse student body, and we encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically underrepresented in higher education. Application materials should clearly articulate how the candidate will contribute to the University's commitment to diversity and inclusion through their teaching, research, and/or service.
Washburn University is an EOE. Washburn University provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or marital or parental status.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Topeka
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Topeka
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Topeka
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Topeka
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Topeka