Human Resources Specialist - Benefits
Human Resources Specialist - Benefits
3452 Spur 399, Collin Higher Education Center
McKinney, Texas, 75069
We are searching for an experiencedHuman Resources Specialist - Benefits.
Provide general office support for Human Resources/Benefits management and staff. Process and maintain a variety of Human Resources/Benefits records, including benefit changes, leave documents, and other HR documents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate with current and potential employees regarding HR/Benefits processes, procedures, and systems. Assist employees in resolving questions and concerns related to their benefits.
- Create and maintain employee benefit files. Scan, index, and retrieve various documents into/from the college’s document management system.
- Review, process, and notate documents including calculating various employee pay changes, including leave, leave accruals, leave without pay and separations.
- Collect information/data as needed to prepare reports and files for internal and external college customers, ensuring all documents required for each process are complete and accurate. Manage document archival and disposal of materials.
- When needed, provide coverage for the HR front office and perform a variety of administrative duties, answer and direct telephone calls and process department mail.
- May review, research, audit reports and employee information for accuracy. Contact appropriate supervisors, departments, or employees to resolve discrepancies.
- Enter benefits data in the Employee Retirement System of Texas (ERS) system.
- Interface with various College and external systems (ERP, applicant tracking, reporting, etc.) to process new hires, research issues, process leave without pay, separations, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties to maintain all standards in accordance with College policies, procedures and Core Values.
Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution and three (3) years of related office experience OR an equivalent combination of education and business experience required.
Two (2) additional years of experience may be substituted to meet the education requirement.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of internal and external data systems
- Knowledge of Collin College organization and Human Resources processes
- Knowledge of general office equipment
- Knowledge of proper phone etiquette
- Knowledge of HR data and records retention policies
- Knowledge of general payroll functions
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer service skills
- Communication skills
- Computer skills
- Organizational skills
- Time management skills
- Intermediate Microsoft (MS) Office skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail and periodically audit data for accuracy
- Ability to perform basic and intermediate MS Office functions
- Ability to create various HR reports
- Ability to maintain working knowledge of systems and data requirements
- Ability to review documents for compliance with college and accreditation requirements
- Ability to prepare purchase orders
- Ability to plan and implement assigned activities effectively
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Positions in this class typically require talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore, candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. ***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $38,550.00 - 44,332.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or email@example.com .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.