Regulatory Coordinator, Human Research Protection Program (HRPP)
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Human Research Protection Program Regulatory Coordinator will provide support to the Office of Research, Human Subject Protection. The individual must demonstrate an ability to assist in the coordination of activities, collect data and assist in the direction and flow of submissions to the Human Research Protection Office.
- Program Coordination including:
- Coordinates with legal counsel and researchers all Letters of reliance's between Drexel University and academic institutions.
- Prepares minutes, notices, manuals, and agendas; Also prepares statistical graphs, presentations, and spreadsheets using computerized software programs.
- Researches, summarizes, and compiles data to prepare special and recurring reports containing specialized or sensitive information following management's general direction; selects relevant information from a variety of sources.
- Assembles protocols manuals and assists in satellite development.
- Communicates departmental policies and procedures to internal constituents.
- Assists in implementing new policies, procedures or practices as directed by HRP management.
- Coordinates business affairs, personnel matters and may interpret policies and procedures.
- Assists in office duties as necessary to maintain continuity.
- Supports, designs, and updates of department's websites.
- Assists the AAHRPP Committee in planning and its scope.
- Manages interns and volunteer assistants as deemed appropriate.
- Ensures executive level confidentiality of activities for staff medical and performance records and the Office of Research.
- Highschool Diploma or GED
- 3-5 years of relevant professional experience
- Proficient in a variety of personal computer programs and Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Office 365, COEUS, and Clinical Trials Management Systems, and other platforms required for business transactions/communications.
- Bachelor’s Degree with two years of effective and relevant experience or 3-5 years of related experience in the healthcare field or any equivalent combination of experience, training, and education.
- Knowledge of research regulatory and institutional standards and guidance’s
- Understanding of standard office procedures
- Skilled in developing and maintaining good working relationships
- Skilled in English composition, grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Typically sitting at a desk/table
Remote/University City, Philadelphia, PA
This position is classified as Exempt with a salary grade of J. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will continue until a suitable candidate pool is identified.