University Code 34064 University Title Senior Research Coordinator 1 University Job Family Research - Support ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Multi Title Scope of Search Regional Working Title Program Coordinator Position Number 582340 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Massey Cancer Center Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
Massey Cancer Center is seeking qualified applicants for a Program Coordinator. This position is assigned to support the Associate Director, Education and Training and is responsible for assisting in the further development, coordination, and evaluation of the Center’s professional research education and training initiatives.
Duties include: Organizes the central repository of all Center-related training and education efforts; Assists members with leading efforts for developing the funding portfolio for institutional training awards as well as individual career development awards; provides data and project development support to support the development of new and competing renewal grant awards; Coordinates and manages Training and Education initiatives (e.g., MCC Summer intern program with students at the high school level; MCC Faculty Development program); Coordinates MCC’s Seminars and Events Committee and provides the administrative support for the implantation for MCC’s Seminar Series, Annual Scientific Retreat, and other Center-wide events as appropriate.
Minimum Hiring Standards
• Excellent oral and written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to work in a self-directed manner, yet coordinate efforts effectively within a larger administrative team.
• Demonstrate initiative and maintain a high degree of accuracy and attention to details.
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to change priorities quickly and often with little or no disruption to operations.
• Demonstrated experience working in an academic medical environment working for multiple administrators or leaders.
• Experience with planning, executing, and evaluating programs, processes, and events.
• Experience developing and managing project budgets and tracking expenditures, notably related to NIH training grant awards.
• Knowledge of University systems, as well as general administrative functions including travel and complex meeting planning in an academic medical research or higher education environment.
• Excellent computer skills and proficiency with MS Office software programs. Ability to develop and maintain presentations and executive correspondences.
• Proven database management skills including the ability to create and query reports.
• Ability to gather, organize, and maintain data and proficiency in graphing, data-entry, spreadsheet, presentation software and other technical applications.
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field desired or equivalent training & experience.
Preferred Hiring Standards
• Working knowledge of the different types of extramural support mechanisms for professional research training and career development support ( NIH F, K, R25, T32 series; foundation mechanisms)
• Experience with Banner, eVA, state travel, and purchasing policies is preferred.
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range commensurate with experience Application Process/Additional Information Campus MCV Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours M-F 8-5 Job Open Date 03/24/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/104580 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Describe your experience coordinating special events.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please provide a brief description of your experience in
handling the logistics and registration for a training session or
(Open Ended Question)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond