SUA 2 | Assistant Director of Transfer Admissions
Posting Number N00700 Classification Title SUA 2 | Assistant Director of Transfer Admissions Working Title SUA 2 | Assistant Director of Transfer Admissions Employee Group Professional Bargaining Unit SCUPA Location Main Campus Department Undergraduate Admissions Pay Rate Employment Type Regular FT Work Schedule
Non-traditional evening, weekend, and overnight hours will be required with advance notice for recruitment, programs, and other activities. In-state and out-of-state travel will be required.
• Engages in transfer recruitment activities on and off campus, including but not limited to information sessions, open houses, college fairs and other events, both in Pennsylvania and out-of-state.
• Manages assigned travel independently.
• Visits colleges/universities for transfer student recruitment events appropriate to the University’s strategic enrollment plan in and out of state.
• Facilitates small and large group presentations using Microsoft PowerPoint.
• Conducts admissions interviews with prospective transfer students and families to provide important information regarding transfer policies, admission requirements, application timelines, and potential scholarship opportunities both on and off campus.
• Completes preliminary and final transfer credit evaluations for prospective students and provides general admissions counseling.
• Makes admission offers to transfer students.
• Reviews degree audits for accuracy and assigns substitutions as determined by articulation agreements and academic curriculum guidelines.
• Builds collaborative relationships with faculty, staff, and campus constituents.
• Conducts follow-up with transfer students throughout the enrollment process via email and phone calls.
• Other related duties as required to support the operation of Transfer Admissions and Enrollment Management.
Bachelor’s degree required.
Completion of one admissions recruitment cycle (fall and spring).
Evidence of excellent written communication skills.
Evidence of strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
Word processing/spreadsheet competency.
Experience working with diverse constituencies, including faculty, deans and senior staff, admission office colleagues, students, parents, school counselors and alumni.
Must have a valid driver’s license, be able to work weekends, and travel with overnight stays.
Candidate must perform well in the interview and successfully deliver a formal presentation.
Completion of successful background checks also required.
General knowledge and understanding of higher education.
Direct experience in admission office of non-profit regionally accredited college/university.
Working knowledge of admission information systems and third party vendors, especially Banner.
Direct experience working with the transfer population.
Ability to work effectively alone, autonomously, independently, with minimal supervision as well as group situations.
Evidence of energy, flexibility, integrity, and creativity.
Experience working with diverse populations.
Posting Date 03/24/2021 Closing Date Open Until Filled Yes Notice of Non-Discrimination
Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, disability, age/or veteran status in its programs or activities in accordance with Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and University policies.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Assistant Vice President of Diversity and Equal Opportunity/Title IX Coordinator
305 Old Main Building
104 Maltby Avenue
Slippery Rock University
Slippery Rock, PA 16057
Respect for Individuals in the Community
Slippery Rock University provides an environment that respects, encourages, and promotes the talents and contributions of all. Slippery Rock University values a community with a shared sense of purpose, where people demonstrate mutual respect and appreciation. Slippery Rock University values diversity that honors and includes all persons regardless of age, creed, disability, ethnic heritage, gender, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic status in academic and extracurricular endeavor, in the working environment, and in the daily life of the university community.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Candidates will be required to deliver a twenty-minute persuasive presentation to members of the Enrollment Management Division as part of the interview process.
Please list three current professional references with contact information.
Applicants who apply by April 9, 2021 will receive full consideration.
Official transcripts required from the recommended candidate prior to hiring.
Recommended candidate will be required to complete criminal background checks, including Act 34 (State Police) background check, Act 151 (Child Abuse) background check, and Federal Criminal ( FBI ) clearance prior to appointment.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a bachelor's degree?
- * Do you possess a valid and current driver's license?
- * Are you able to work weekends, and travel with overnight
- * Are you currently employed as a SCUPA employee at one of
PASSHE's 14 universities?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Slippery Rock
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Slippery Rock
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Slippery Rock
- Counseling Not specified Full Time jobs in Slippery Rock
- Other Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Slippery Rock