University of Idaho
Location: Coeur d’Alene
Division/College: Col of Agricultural & Life Sciences
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $14.50 to $15.35 per hour depending on education and experience
Full/Part Time: Part Time
Assist Extension Educators and Program Advisors/Coordinators in delivery of practical research-based, non-formal educational programs which help local citizens improve their quality of life. This position operates with limited supervision to provide primary clerical support for extension programs in forestry (preparing educational program materials and mailings, tracking registrations/fees, compiling evaluations, database management, etc.) and the Master Gardener program (preparing program materials, tracking registrations/fees, preparation and design of newsletters, news releases, etc.). Processes incoming clientele calls. Updates UI Extension - Kootenai County-based websites.
Experience in office support functions including word processing, filing, composing a variety of business documents, reception, gathering, compiling and managing data in spreadsheets, and balancing and coordinating a workload for multiple projects
- Good knowledge office management, recordkeeping methods, information management practices, computer applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, web applications,); planning and scheduling techniques.
- Familiarity with University of Idaho policies and procedures.
- Ability to: maintain harmonious and efficient working relationships; handle a wide range of personalities; operate and maintain a variety of office machines; establish and maintain an organized filing system. Work independently and as a team member; identify and initiate tasks as needed to complete a project; practice excellent interpersonal skills as well as a friendly and positive attitude at all times.
- Experience in: organizing and prioritizing work for self and others; independently solving problems/performing liaison activities in a work setting; professional verbal and written communication skills; the ability present oneself in a professional manner.
- Good Knowledge of: rules of effective business English usage, spelling, punctuation of grammar; composing and proofreading; standard business correspondence such as memos, form letters or requests for information; modern office practices and procedures.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Mostly sitting with some light lifting: able to lift, carry and/or otherwise move 30 lbs.
Posting Number: SP002752P
Posting Date: 03/23/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
Please contact Sharla Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 208-292-2522 if you have questions. Applications submitted by 4/6/2021 will receive first consideration.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.