Construction Technology/Carpentry Instructor
Columbia-Greene Community College seeks a full-time, tenure track Carpentry Instructor dedicated to excellence in teaching who desires to become part of a creative, vibrant, student-centered learning community. We are seeking an individual who is dedicated to teaching, has knowledge of all phases of construction technology with a particular emphasis on historic preservation carpentry skills, and values innovative methods of teaching. Candidates should be interested in outcome-based assessment, quality improvement, community partnership, and faculty development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide the expertise, enthusiasm, knowledge, and skills to teach a variety of construction technology college level courses. This includes the use of building materials; fasteners and adhesives; hand and power tools; construction drawings; estimating and specifications; floor systems, exterior and interior framing; roof systems; basic plumbing and electrical wiring; building envelop systems; stair layouts; safety guidelines and protocols, and historic carpentry principles and techniques.
- Conduct classroom research and other assessment/evaluation activities.
- Participate in committee assignments and college-wide initiatives.
- Coordinate and perform actual construction work on lab sites.
- Participate in college and community activities.
- Develop and supervise student internship activities.
- Maintain consistent communication with students.
- Utilize the college learning management system for course development, grading and communication
- Participate in assessment of student learning.
- Work with advisory committees.
- Ensure safety and security requirements are met in the classroom and laboratory areas.
- Bachelor’s Degree with vocational educational training and experience, and prior teaching experience, or Associates Degree in Construction Technology, with Vocational educational training and experience.
- Four full-time (or equivalent) years of verified related paid work experience as a carpenter.
- Understanding of the mission vision and core values of a comprehensive two-year college.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and team building skills.
- The ability to teach both theory based and hands-on courses.
- Position is physically demanding; candidate must be able to frequently lift-up to 50lbs.
- Experience in curriculum development.
- Interest in flexible course delivery options.
- Experience working with underserved populations.
Salary and Benefit Information
Contractual salary will be commensurate with education and work experience. The College offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance, short- and long-term disability, generous sick leave, paid holidays, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plans, tax-deferred compensation, as well as employee and dependent tuition waivers.
For full consideration, applicants must submit the following: (1) cover letter; (2) CV; and (3) contact information for three professional references. Submit all as a single PDF document to: HR@sunycgcc.edu. Application deadline: April 16, 2021.
SUNY Columbia-Greene Community College is an AA/EOE employer.
Apply for Construction Technology/Carpentry Instructor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly