Investment Operations Manager
Job Posting Location:
Job Posting Title:
Investment Operations Manager
Job Description:ABOUT POMONA COLLEGE: Located near Los Angeles, California, Pomona College is widely regarded as one of the nation's premier liberal arts colleges. Established in 1887, Pomona College is known for small classes, a challenging curriculum, close relationships between students and faculty, and a range of student research and leadership opportunities. Pomona is a member of The Claremont Colleges. POSITION SUMMARY: The Investment Operations Manager is an integral part of the Investment Office and will be responsible for oversight of endowment and investment administration, including reporting, data management, legal and compliance, and life income fund administration. This position will oversee the Investment Office’s technology solutions and work collaboratively with the Finance Office to ensure that all investment transactions are properly accounted for in Caissa. Reporting to the Director of Investments, the Investment Operations Manager works independently and collaboratively to perform the following essential duties and responsibilities: Responsible for reporting and data management.
- Oversee the Investments Office’s monthly reporting process.
- Work with the Endowment Administrator to review investment-related information in Northern Trust.
- Work with the Cash Manager and Endowment Administrator to track monthly values of non-pooled investments.
- Function as the Investment Office’s in-house expert/power user for Caissa.
- Oversee the transmission of monthly transaction details to Caissa.
- Develop and supervise routine process for validating data entered in Caissa.
- Act as the Investment Office’s primary liaison with TIAA Kaspick and the Advancement Division on matters related to the management/investment of life income gifts.
- Monitor all life income gifts and releases.
- Provide regular support to the Finance Office for the recording of life income activity into Workday, including support for the College’s annual financial audit.
- Work with Kaspick to review and file all necessary Insurance Commissioner reports.
- Work with Kaspick to ensure all life income related tax forms are filed and sent to beneficiaries.
- Preparation of reports to the Board of Trustees for all gifts and releases.
- Monitor the investment of trust assets for adherence to donor and college guidelines.
- Provide month-end support to Accounting for investment-related transactions.
- Ensure all Investment Office invoices are processed and paid on time.
- Collaborate with the Finance Office to research accounting related issues.
- Assist with the preparation of all legal and contractual documents.
- Create and maintain a procedures manual for investment operations.
- Work with the College’s investment consultant and custodian to complete all paperwork necessary for the execution of investment transactions.
- Maintain a gift log of all securities gifts to the College and the subsequent sale value of such gifts.
- Assist in budget annual budget preparation and tracking for the Investment Office.
- Engage in on-going networking/education in best practices.
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in the areas of accounting, financial analysis, finance, economics, mathematics, statistics, business administration, or related field is required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- EXPERIENCE: A minimum of 5 years of investment operations experience is required. Experience in at an endowment or foundation is preferred.
- REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS: Deploy professional skills in investment operations management, in collaboration with colleagues to best promote the College’s strategic interests. Must demonstrate advanced Excel skills and a superior understanding of data management. Understand the mission of the College’s liberal arts environment. Demonstrate effective, accurate and clear communication with excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills. Handle all activities and confidential information with patience, discretion, good judgment, courtesy, and tact while working with people from a wide variety of backgrounds. Ability to learn new software/technology and update skills as this position is responsible for reporting and data management in the Investment Office. Use exceptional organizational, time management, and quantitative analytical skills to evaluate needs and solutions and to complete work with accuracy and a keen attention to detail. Must prioritize and perform multiple projects/tasks, meet deadlines/timelines, respond to others in a timely manner, and work both independently and as a collaborative member of the College with a high standard of integrity and ethics, in support of the College’s strategic vision and the division’s annual goals.