Assistant Director for Student Activities
The Assistant Director for Student Activities (Clubs and
Organizations) provides leadership and direction to student clubs
and organizations, oversight to evening and weekend programming,
and co-advisement the Student Activities Board (SAB). The Assistant
Director will support the Director for Student Activities to create
a comprehensive activities program that enhances the growth and
development of all students by providing social, cultural, and
educational opportunities for community engagement. This position
will work closely with students to plan, develop, and coordinate
events and activities to enhance the quality of student life and
University experience for all students.
The Assistant Director is a part of the Student Activities team within the Office of Student Engagement (OSE)/Division of Student Services reporting to the Director for Student Activities. This position requires flexible hours as well as evening and weekend hours.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and direction to support 150+ student clubs and organizations. Facilitate the approval process for all club and organization programs and activities, including communication with related departments across campus. The Assistant Director will recruit, train, and maintain communication with faculty/staff advisers as well as provide ongoing education and development opportunities for members of all club and organization membership.
- Oversee the budget management for all club/organization restricted accounts, including the budget allocation process. Conduct annual audit of all club accounts. Establish and implement necessary structure to assure organization compliance with University policy.
- Serve as a co-adviser to the Student Activities Board (SAB) providing advisement in event planning, budget management, and leadership development. Oversee SAB in the planning and implementation of evening and weekend programming in conjunction with a cross-divisional programming model.
- Assist with the advisement and supervision of graduate interns and student employees who support the Office of Student Engagement.
- Additional administrative duties as assigned including, but not limited to, serving on University committees, participating in departmental and divisional initiatives, and collaborating with other departments as appropriate.
- Bachelors degree. 1-3 years experience working in higher education, or a related field.
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in South Orange
- Student Affairs Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in South Orange
- Other Student Affairs Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in South Orange
- Student Activities & Services Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in South Orange