Executive Director/ Controller
Under the direction of the CFO and Vice President of Financial Operations, oversees the University’s General Accounting, Payroll, Financial Reporting, Grants Accounting, Accounts Payable, and Federal and State Tax Reporting. Responsible for the income and expenses of University funds. Maintain current knowledge of GASB, FASB, and other GAAP pronouncements that affect the University’s financial operations. Ensure best practices in internal controls over financial systems and reporting. Implement policies and procedures to provide accurate and complete financial data for the University.
1. Formulate, establish and implement policies, procedures and
internal control for effective and efficient fiscal operations
including timely and accurate maintenance of the general
2. Create systems which result in University compliance with applicable fiscal laws, rules and regulations.
3. Provide all financial statements, management’s discussion and analysis, and footnotes for the annual report, supplemental statements, bond fund reports and compliance program financial reports.
4. Manage the University’s external audit and financial reporting process by ensuring that proper accounting methodology, techniques and policies are adopted. Act as the administrative contact point for the independent auditor’s examinations and coordinate the audits for the University.
5. Manage the University’s cash-flow and related forecasting. Oversee the recruitment, training, and management of assigned staff.
6. Provide executive leadership, consultation, and support to senior administrators and unit leaders on University-related accounting, compliance and fiscal control issues.
7. Interface with Board of Directors and Advisory Committees as needed to support collaborative efforts.
8. Implement policies and procedures for the proper fiscal administration of grants and contracts.
9. Ensure timely and accurate payments to vendors providing goods and services to the University.
10. Establish and implement appropriate controls for the management of University’s purchasing card and travel card programs.
11. Ensure University compliance with bond covenants, make required transfers and payments, and provide internal and external agency bond-issue reports as required.
12. Remit filing of required governmental reports by the appropriate deadlines.
13. Perform other related duties as assigned.
The position requires the discharge of all job responsibilities and duties in full compliance with all applicable state mandates, university rules and Federal regulations. Position entails cooperation with the directives and initiatives of the Office of Compliance and its efforts to promote a culture of compliance throughout the university.
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Administrative Affairs Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Financial Affairs Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Executive Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Executive Directors Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Chicago