Admissions Coordinator, Sr. (66606BR) - W. P. Carey School of Business at ASU
Job DescriptionThe W. P. Carey School of Business Undergraduate Programs Office is seeking an energetic, personable, and service-oriented individual to join its Undergraduate Admissions team, delivering recruitment and admissions services to prospective students and their families. This individual will manage the Admission Portfolio process for students seeking entry to restricted access academic programs and concurrent majors within W. P. Carey in a dynamic, collaborative team environment.
The Admissions Portfolio provides an opportunity for ASU student admission into one of the highly regarded W. P. Carey undergraduate degree programs. The Admissions Portfolio is an important and collaborative effort working effectively with Undergraduate Program team members from Admissions, Advising, and business faculty. With assistance of team members from the Undergraduate Programs Office, the Coordinator, Sr. will manage collaborative relationships with business faculty, academic advisors and peers, utilize effective verbal and communication skills, troubleshoot issues, and use Excel to manage and analyze data/spreadsheets. This individual must be self-motivated, strive to initiate process improvements/change, manage deadlines and maintain attention to detail in an ever-changing environment while also being responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with high school and community college personnel for the purpose of identifying and serving prospective first-year and transfer students.
The Coordinator, Sr. will advise the Business Ambassador program as well as facilitate a section of WPC 101, connecting first-year students to current resources and teaching basic business skills. This individual will also assume general undergraduate admission responsibilities that include but are not limited to: delivering presentations to prospective students and families; coordinating CRM database (Salesforce) responses and managing assigned campaigns; meeting with current and prospective students to discuss business degree programs, resources and opportunities; resolving issues and recommending measures to improve effectiveness and efficiency within the department.
Days and Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Some evenings and weekends will be required.
- Manages the admission portfolio process for students seeking entry to restricted access academic programs and concurrent majors
- Serves as the liaison to the W. P. Carey undergraduate academic advising department, sharing policy and procedural information
- Compiles, maintains, and shares data reflecting admission portfolio decisions
- Coordinates admission portfolio process through collaboration with faculty and staff in academic departments
- Acts as principal advisor for W. P. Carey Business Ambassador program
- Facilitates a section of WPC 101, a one-credit introductory business course for first-year students
- Provides valuable quality service to prospective students (freshman, international and transfer) and families via recruitment events, one-on one appointments, calls and emails regarding the W. P. Carey application and enrollment process
- Presents with enthusiasm and confidence at information sessions, education fairs, high school fairs as well as conducts information meetings with prospective students and families
- Delivers presentations promoting the W. P. Carey School of Business to prospective students and their families, high schools and community college faculty, and counselors and administrators
- Establishes and maintains relationships with student service providers at ASU to augment referrals and request information for prospective students
- Serves as part of larger Undergraduate Programs Office team, supporting school-wide functions and initiatives, including convocation, Family Weekend and Camp Carey
- Serves as liaison with students, faculty, staff, and outside/community agencies on Undergraduate Admissions initiatives
- Supervises one admission coordinator who oversees strategic marketing plan.
- Performs other duties, as assigned
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND five (5) years of related experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Evidence of a Master’s degree in business or related field
- Experience in project coordination or project management
- Experience with project/process improvement with high attention to detail
- Experience managing application deadlines
- Experience advising student organizations
- Experience in applying successful customer service techniques
- Experience presenting to groups or individuals
- Experience with supervising staff
- Experience with executing marketing plan
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Applications (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to build working relationships in a team setting and with internal/external constituents
- Ability to apply solid interpersonal skills and have a positive perspective when communicating verbally and in writing
- Experience recruiting and/or working in an externally facing role in a university/corporate setting
- Activities are primarily performed in a regular, climate-controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, standing, walking.
- Use office equipment including a desktop computer.
- Lift and move objects of varying weights up to 50 pounds.
- Clearly communicate to perform essential duties.
- May include exposure to external environment/climate conditions including walking on uneven surfaces, climbing and high temperatures.
The W. P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State University is one of the largest business schools in the United States with more than 15,000 students and 100,000 alumni worldwide. From our world-renowned faculty representing six continents to thousands of outstanding students who join us every year, the W. P. Carey School welcomes diversity and encourages global thinking. The W. P. Carey School is internationally recognized for its leadership in business education, groundbreaking research and innovation, and renowned faculty, making us one of the top-ranked business schools in the country. Learn more at wpcarey.asu.edu.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher
education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence,
entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American
University is a single, unified institution comprising four
differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social,
cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its
research is inspired by real world application blurring the
boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU
serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona,
the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and
cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and
more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Asu
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Asu
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Asu
- Student Affairs Administrative $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Asu
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Administrative $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Asu