Coordinator (66562BR) - W. P. Carey School of Business at ASU
Job DescriptionThe W. P. Carey School of Business Undergraduate Programs area is seeking an energetic and self-motivated individual to work on its Student Engagement team. The Student Engagement team works to implement programming aimed at retention, leadership development and engagement of W. P. Carey students. This Coordinator will work closely with a variety of students and student leaders, which may include hiring, managing and developing student leaders for W. P. Carey School of Business affinity building and retention initiatives. This Coordinator will work directly with W. P. Carey’s Business School Council (the liaison club between the School and the 35+ business-affiliated cubs) and its executive board, to advise and plan programs and engaging events for business students. This coordinator will be responsible for outreach to W. P. Carey-affiliated clubs, club advisors (faculty/staff), will coordinate a school-wide student newsletter, and may act as a leadership consultant for student club executive boards. The coordinator will also coordinate two school-wide initiatives aimed at first-year student success, Business Community Advantage and “Steps to Success”. This coordinator will also work with student leaders for key W. P. Carey engagement programs to include Business Ambassadors, Camp Carey and other student leaders. Additionally, this individual will provide support for Student Engagement programs such as Fall Welcome, WPC 101, New Student Experience, Beta Gamma Sigma induction ceremony and Convocation and will work with a variety of other staff members – both at W. P. Carey and across campus. This individual must be successful managing many details, taking initiative, and demonstrating integrity.
Days and Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm; work hours will also include some evenings and weekends. The position will require in-state travel.
Lead, manage and support the following activities:
- First Year student programming to allow students to make meaningful connections and learn about university and academic resources
- May recruit, select, train and manage student leaders within the Student Engagement office
- Support student leaders participating in new WPC initiatives for first-year students (Business Community Advantage and “Steps to Success”)
- Business School Council
- Advisor to student club and leaders
- Manage and oversee activities and club direction determined by the BSC executive board
- Manage program budget, expenses and payment processing
- Consult and direct with a variety of events including, but not limited to, Involvement Week and GameDay
- Assist with planning the Annual Business School Council Banquet for WPC clubs/orgs
- Manage and/or coordinate the BSC bi-monthly newsletter (includes design, research for events, and distribution through the ASU Marketing Cloud)
- Together with BSC executive board leaders, coordinates and manages semi-annual Club Presidents Retreats and monthly Presidents Meetings: sets academic and administrative expectations, conducts training and provides year round management of expenses
- Outreach to all WPC-affiliated clubs to support and be knowledgeable about them
- Budgeting, forecasting, expense management and payment processing for programs/events
- WPC Student Club Advisor training
- Actively participate in and attend events such as New Student Orientation, WPC 101, Camp Carey, Fall Welcome, Family Weekend, Convocation, etc.
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND three (3) years of related experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Evidence of a Master’s degree
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of diversity/equity/inclusion student issues
- Demonstrated knowledge of student development theory and practices
- Demonstrated knowledge of retention practices and techniques
- Experience working with students in higher education/college level academic advising
- Experience in designing and implementing academic support programming
- Experience in coordinating programs
- Evidence of effective communication skills
- Demonstrated use of problem solving skills; critical thinking; time management skills; and having to rapidly adapt and effectively utilize new technology, practices and policies
- Experience in budget preparation and management
- Experience in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with peers, faculty, students, administration and others
- Demonstrated knowledge of ASU academic structure and organization
- Experience using: Student Information computer system (i.e., PeopleSoft, Salesforce etc.)
- Experience using: Microsoft Office Applications (i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint); Salesforce
Work with university students one-on-one and in group/class settings in-person, virtually (Zoom), via phone, and e-mail. Communicate effectively - in writing, verbally, and visually - to develop newsletters and marketing materials; create metrics; provide reports in various formats (electronic, hard-copy, etc.); and present information to faculty, administrators, staff, campus partners, and students. Lift/move up to 30 pounds (materials, brochures, boxes, etc.). Utilize computer, phone, and various technologies (Zoom, Google, Dropbox, etc.), office equipment (fax, copier, etc.). Work some extended hours, including evenings and/or weekends, as needed.
The W. P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State University is one of the largest business schools in the United States with more than 15,000 students and 100,000 alumni worldwide. From our world-renowned faculty representing six continents to thousands of outstanding students who join us every year, the W. P. Carey School welcomes diversity and encourages global thinking. The W. P. Carey School is internationally recognized for its leadership in business education, groundbreaking research and innovation, and renowned faculty, making us one of the top-ranked business schools in the country. Learn more at wpcarey.asu.edu.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher
education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence,
entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American
University is a single, unified institution comprising four
differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social,
cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its
research is inspired by real world application blurring the
boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU
serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona,
the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and
cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and
more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Asu
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Asu
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Asu
- Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Asu
- Student Activities & Services Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Asu